skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Fishing

I'm trying to think back to everythings that happened recently and see if I forgot anything - which I have. Jeremy's now been out fishing four times. The first time he went with someone from hockey or work. They went out on the Ottawa river one evening. He caught a walleye and his friend caught a rock bass. I guess he did bring the walleye home and it's in the freezer. He also went out to Corry Lake the other weekend while I was at work, but
didn't stay long. That was the day it snowed/hailed all day. Not much, but enough to get everyone discouraged that summer wasn't going to come. We went out last Friday night back on the river, but didn't catch anything. He can't figure out how to fish the river and people only go to a few spots that we can tell, but there was absolutely nothing. He
went out Saturday with his friend again, but this time, they drove about an hour and a half west of here up past Deep River and into Crowne Land. They took his friends boat which is more like a row boat and ended up catching their limit in brook trout. He brought them home. I couldn't believe how big they were. All I've seen is the smaller trout he caught in the streams outside of Madison. He cooked a couple of
them up last night on our new grill we bought last weekend too. I also stopped at Service Ontario on my way home on Friday and they were able to find about 4-5 contour maps that Jeremy had hoped to find. They were also free! Finally, we found some maps. However, the ones they gave me were the only ones that are available so I guess we're out of luck trying to find contour maps of any other lakes around here.
We also started a new batch of kit wine and our cranberry wine is sitting in the bubbler. We only have two and a half bottles of our first kit wine left! Boy, 27 bottles go fast! I keep meaning to grab a few more pictures of Petawawa so you can see how green things finally are! It's beautiful and I love taking Hayde out for walks along the Petawawa River. I started trying her walking off leash and she's been doing pretty well healing beside me. She's definitely gotten lazier and sleeps most of the day now. This picture is as I
tried to make the bed with her in it sleeping. I did my first post-marathon run yesterday with the run club. Managed 3.5 miles! A bit rough and I could definitely feel my tight hamstrings! I'm hoping to get a few short runs in a week now just to keep my legs moving and get some exercise and get Hayde out. My feet still hurt, but I did get some crocs and more inserts and that's really helped on our hard floors at home. My plants are growing well and I realized the darn pigeons have started stealing my strawberries! However, my tomato and pepper plants have some really small buds starting and I'm excited to have some greenery inside.
Our next adventure will be trying to make a trip back to WI at the end of the month. We're hoping to make it back to pick up Jeremy's mom's truck and drive it back here. We looked into plane tickets and found one-way tickets the week of June 21st for just under $200 so I'm spending my day off trying to figure out how we can get it imported easily. We'll probably be staying with Jeremy's friend in Hudson and may try to work in a 2-3 day trip up to the Chippeawa Flowage if possible before our 2-day drive back. Also, we're wondering if it's feasible to bring Hayde, but after talking to the
airline, it's looking like her kennel is 1" too big on two sides to fit thru the cargo door as she'd have to go as checked baggage and no pets are allowed if the weather anywhere along the route is 85F or over. I'll have to double check her kennel size since my current measurements are rough estimates. Well, I must sign off as we bought a bunch of zuchinni at the grocery store so I can make zuchinni bread.
No comments:
Post a Comment