Thursday, May 26, 2011

Catch Up - Hopefully

I think this has been the longest ever since I last posted something!  I appologize, life has been rather busy.  I think I'm just going to post some pictures for now and then do a separate post with the stories.  Here's what's going on with the yard/shed that's been keeping us the busiest.

As of Saturday/Sunday May 7th & 8th, after our trip to France - we got back Friday, May 6th(and I even got to see my tulips blooming!):

 
 
We redid the gutters in the back entry way.  This new system works MUCH better!   
We even had time to put in a new trellis for some roses.  I found two new rose bushes and transplanted the two I had along the side of the house.  Hopefully they'll do well this summer and climb up the trellis.  Behind, you can't see it well in the picture, we built a flower box the entire lenght of the trellis.
Of course, we continued work on the shed - a never ending project.  With all the materials we got for it, we probably could have gotten a brand new shed.  Oh well - it's gives us(Jeremy) something to do!  He started getting it ready to side and roof. 
So, this is where I left him when I headed out to my sister's on Monday, May 9.  The following are from after my return Tuesday, May 17th.  Jeremy did some planting while I was gone as you can see - he filled the flower box behind the trellis.  As of Wednesday, May 18th: 
Of course we continued work on the shed last weekend.  Plus, we had a 3-day weekend for Victoria Day.  A much needed long weekend!  As of Saturday, May 21:
I cleaned up around the side and back of the shed pulling out all the new growing trees to clean it up a bit and cut down some big and/or dead branches off the other trees.  Jeremy got all three sides sided and got the new shingles on - to match the house of course!  As of Monday, May 23: 
It's slowly getting there! I'll be really excited when it's all done and I can move all my garden/yard stuff in here!  It's certainly not looking like the big eye sore it used to be and this corner is no longer a scary place to go!  We continued work on this in the evenings this week.  It's raining, but Jeremy's still out there working tonight.  He's trying to get the windows installed in the door and get the framing done so the doors fit and shut nicely so we can get the rest of this sided and trimmed.  As of tonight, Thursday, May 26th here it is:
I've been working on building a new vegetable garden in the back behind the shed/garage.  I'm putting it just infront of the berry garden.  I just have the last corner to de-grass and hopefully this weekend can maybe get some plants in(if it ever stops raining!).   We decided to let the strawberries take over the garden in the front that I had used for the veggies last summer.  I also spend a little bit of time tonight cleaning up the garage so we can walk around in it.  It's piled high with materials and supplies.  We still have lots of work to do on the yard cleaning up the flower beds and we hope to paint the deck very soon.  We also redid the back entry way door for the 3rd time last weekend since it was really tight to shut.  It's much better now.  We just have to paint the trim and that'll be done.  Jeremy also put in a new door bell and light in the front of the house to match the new ones we put in the back entry way.  I'll have to do a massive prune to the lilac bushes in back as they're extremely overgrown.  I'm waiting until they're done flowering to do that.
So, this is why I've lacked posting lately.  I'll have to do another two posts for our trip to France and my trip out to my sisters.  I have filled 3 memory cards with pictures that I need to go thru and pick out a few pictures to post.  Work has been insane for me as well and I still have about 200 unread emails to go thru.  I'm trying desperately to catch up from the beginning of our fiscal year since I've been gone so much this spring.  It's all hitting me now, and of course I have to deal with the trouble co-worker and deal with all the bits he continues to do incorrectly.  I've ben working each night at home and a bit over the weekend.  Hopefully one day soon, we'll be caught up on everything so we can start enjoying the rest of the summer and hope we have a few visitors at least.   

Oh, one more quick note.  We got a flat on the red jeep and after a bit of a fiascal, now have new tires.  Jeremy's really thinking it's about time he part with his beloved green jeep and take it to the junk yard.  It'll take a bit of work to strip it down of anything salvagable.  We're now discussing finding a "new" vehicle to take it's place - possibly thinking the red jeep may last another year(?????) and possibly looking for a car??  We really like having the truck for hauling supplies and the boat, but it's nice having an SUV that we can also drive and take out into the woods, but it'd be nice to have one smaller, decent on gas, car to drive to and from work and run into town for errands in.  We'll see what comes of this...

No comments: