Saturday, Feb 09
I never got around to finishing my post I started last week. I meant to get some pictures up, but didn't. So, I'll try to finish it up. The bathroom is done!!! Jeremy just got the closet door back on the hinges this morning. It looks really nice! The closet is finished and everything's back in. We got a door hanging garbage basket to put in one of the vanities(since there's no other room for a waste basket to sit on the floor). There's LOTS of storage space now.
http://share.shutterfly.com/view/flashShareSlideshow.jsp?sid=0YYs2Tdk0bPwA
So, we got thru a week of P90X. We ate a TON! Lots and lots of vegetables and so much protein I couldn't keep up. We're both feeling a bit "tired". I think it's the lack of carbs that our bodies are used to. It's having to work a bit harder to get at the energy. I managed to get my runs in yet and then the workouts. I skipped the workout last night. They're all good so far. They're each about an hour long and three times a week, we do 15 minutes of abs which consists of (if we keep up) 349 exercises. We've really had to plan ahead to get our meals prepared. It's working ok. I'm finding I have no other time in my day other than eat, work, exercise and bed.
We got another dump of snow yesterday too. Probably got about a foot of fluffy white snow. We were just at the edge of the big storm that went thru. It's finally warming up a little bit. Other than the odd day in the last three weeks, we've barely had a high over 0F, maybe a few days between 0F and 10F. Today it was about 13F when I got up and went out for a run....boy was that warm!
Sunday, Feb 3
Our most exciting news is we're finally starting the P90X workout dvd's. They should be pretty darn tough workouts. We're also going to try to follow the nutritional meal plan they include. There's 3 phases. The first one is a high protein diet and the exercising last 3 weeks and then we get an "easier" week before we begin phase 2. We started today. I'm mixing up the workouts a bit to go better with my marathon training so today is my easy/off P90X day. It's certainly been tough getting all the food in! 6 egg white omlet breakfast with strawberries and a cup of cottage cheese! yickes....we had to cut that back already. Lunch was a 3-4 cup salad with 6oz protein....had to cut that back a bit. Dinner - pepper soup, rice and another 6oz protein. This will definitely be interesting.
Other than that, we're just about done with the bathroom!!!! Jeremy got the flooring in yesterday and trimmed the shelves for me so they'd fit better. I got them painted today. I just have to wait for them to dry and can restock the closet. We also found a garbage thing that fits on the door to the bigger vanity and got that hung. Whew! it's looking really nice.
We went out to the Nook Creperie last night for Jeremy's birthday dinner since we missed it when he had his sore throat which is now gone. We had another day or two of warmer weather and got some rain/freezing rain and then some more snow. Everything's full of ice.
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment