I seriously don't know where all the time goes! Somehow another few weeks have past. So now that we've recovered from the mayhap the last time, the town is slowly getting cleaned up. We still have many large piles of branches and stumps sitting on most people's curbs awaiting pickup, and our lovely forest around the corner has been closed.
So, we've been busy getting all the new windows installed and the trim replaced and painted. We just have to finish the bathroom and our bedroom windows on the outside....we need some sort of flashing to cover the gaps. All the inside painting is now complete and I'm really happy with the new look. I really like our nice big three-paned living room window. We had four panes before and this one looks bigger. I got the gardens cleaned up a bit and we're collecting more veggies from the garden. We just have to finish up any last bits and pieces and last touches from all the other projects we've done and never completely got finished off. And of course, the house needs a really good cleaning! Someday.....soon!
We had a nice long 3-day weekend for civic holiday. We got out fishing a few times(got poured on), but managed to have some success. I've been very slowly picking up my running. I've had quite a long recovery time after my ultra, but I've got another 1/2 coming up in Sept. I'm not very worried.
Anyway, we've had a lot to think about recently and I'll have to get into more detail later. But for the moment all is good and we're trying to get whatever we can done, done. Sorry - hopefully I can get some pictures posted some day....
Thursday, August 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment