I guess the last week flew by pretty quickly. I had a few days of work to get thru and spent a lot of my free time working on reading thru, filling out and signing my acceptance for my offer(about 35 pages!) so I could get that turned in. I'm still waiting for my criminal background check from WI to arrive and turn in before it's 100% complete, but have turned in a copy of an older one. Now that they have my acceptance, they can start work on the security check. Once that's done, I can start at the next orientation for new-hires which they run once or twice a month. I'm hoping it'll work out so I won't be starting until October. That way, I'll have a few weeks of "vacation" (this whole time I haven't had a "job", I can't exactly say it's been a vacation with all the other stuff I've had to figure out and deal with) which I intend to use packing. We close on our house on Wednesday the 30th of this month. We're hoping we can get in then and clean up the walls and paint at least in the entry, kitchen and living room. The rest can probably wait. That way, we can paint before the weekend when we want to move in. Another loop, or really exciting news, to add on is my sister and her family have decided to make a trip to the area. They'll fly into NY where Bob has a cabin (camp) and take a few days of their trip and drive up here to visit us! I'm really excited for that and they'll be able to see our new house! Since they'll be coming here, my parents have decided that they better make a trip here too! So, we'll have a very busy weekend of moving and having everyone here and they'll all get to see the new house! So, my vacation will be busy packing efficiently and getting things organized so hopefully the move and painting will all go smoothly and we'll be ready for everyone when they arrive!
In the meantime, I have two more days at Home Depot to get thru at the end of the week, whew!, and another stop at Napa! Jeremy put in the water pump in the green jeep over the weekend, but found a leak in a radiator hose so he plugged that up with epoxy and hope it'll hold. Also, while working on the green jeep, he notice another hose had a nice crack and his belt was getting old so I'm off tomorrow to find more replacement parts. They already know me at Napa and that I've got a '94 jeep cherokee!
That's about all the news I have for now. Just finished baking another 10 loaves of zucchini bread - all from my zucchini plant! Lots in the freezer now to hold us until next summer when I'll definitely have a nice big vegetable garden going! I worked all weekend, but I know Jeremy got out to the beach a few times. It was a perfect holiday weekend - in the 80s and super sunny! Too bad I was at work all day. I'll definitely keep posting as we get closer and closer to our big exciting move and the start to my new job! I'll need a break or two from cleaning and packing!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment