Well, it's been another fairly warm week which definitely makes my runs much nicer. It's still been sitting around 40F all week and we had sun most of the week. We played tennis again on Monday, but are running into trying to get the net the same time someone else is so we'll have to see if we can continue to play. We hit the weights afterwards. Tuesday, we tried swimming again and the hot tub was finally working so we jumped in there for a few minutes. AHHHH. Wednesday, I hit the gym while Jeremy went to hockey which works out nicely since his hockey is next door to the gym.
Thursday, I took the day off of running since we had an appointment to take our taxes in after work. We'll see how this years taxes go now that we both have Canadian taxes and no US taxes, however we have to continue to turn in US taxes. After our appointment, we stopped at a new sports nutrition store in Pembroke and we both got a new meal replacement/protein mix. We hit the gym to bike later that night.
We also learned Thursday that Kharren had her baby. It's a girl - Evelyn! She's always hoped for a girl so she's happy. Delivery was very quick (under an hour) and all is well. They ended up sending her home Friday afternoon since everyone was coming into the maternity ward and they were running out of beds. I stopped by on Friday night to see everyone. It's quite the household. They had Alex this weekend too and Khartem was running around wild and Evelyn was trying to sleep. I did finish the little sleeper for her and was able to give it to them.
Saturday, we tried to get up early, but somehow that didn't work as well as we hoped. I did get up and get a run in with Hayde and we managed to get out the door before 10am, pick up Byron and head back to Calabogie to go skiing/snow boarding again. Unfortunately, Saturday was not as nice as it had been the week before. It was relatively warm, but windy and cloudy and towards the end, it started raining. We had a great time and the snow was much slower (great for me!) and there were a few slushy spots, but all in all, it was a good day. We hit the green hill first so I could get my barrings and then hit the same blue hill we did last time. I managed to get down without falling! After several more runs down some other blue slopes, we got hungry and went into the lodge for to eat. We went back out and Jeremy and Byron wanted to try some of he other hills. I was a bit nervous, but feeling pretty good about the day so went along. We did hit some of the black diamond hills and to my relief, they weren't as scary as I feared. I was nervous going down the really steep parts, but I knew what I had to do and to take my time and I manged to conquer them fair enough. I did fall several times, but nothing bad. We hit those hills several times before it was 4pm and I had to return my skis. It was raining and really windy by anyway. Later Saturday night after we rested up a bit, we headed back to Byron's since he was having people over.
Today, I got an hour run in between a few raindrops. Hayde did a great job running with me off leash the whole time. I only had to call her back to me a few times when she stopped to sniff something. I've migrated back to the roads since I'll have to get my feet used to the concrete again and the park is getting pretty slushy and muddy. Well, I must get this finished as it's almost 10pm and I have to finish the laundry and get to bed - ON TIME!!!! Here are a few pictures from today. Yes, I did notice some of my bulbs I planted last fall are starting to come up!
No comments:
Post a Comment