Yesterday, I got to up do a quick run with Hayde. We then headed to Calabogie which is just past Renfrew, on the way to Ottawa, and a little bit south of Hwy 17. We were to meet up with Byron, the guy we play tennis with on Mondays, to do some skiing/snowboarding. Jeremy has his own snowboard, but I had to rent some skiis. We got all set and started up the lift and happened to see Byron 1/2 way down the hill waiting for his girlfriend whos just starting to learn how to snowboard. We ended up missing them the next couple of run, but finally caught up with them a bit later. I'll back up just a bit. Jeremy took me down a blue hill(intermediate) first. I was a bit unsure, but figured I'd see how it went. We haven't been out in maybe three years and before that I've only been out a handful of times. I manged to fall only once on the first two times down(same hill). There were a couple of fairly steep spots, but I managed. The third time down, I was determined to make it. However, I stopped at one steep spot to let people pass, then started down. I was about 1/2 way down the steep spot when someone came flying down behind me. I saw him out the of corner of my eye, but didn't have enough control to do much and hoped he'd go around me. Unfotuntely, he didn't and he plowed right into me. The only thing I remember if flying through the air backwards and landed on my back and slid a ways down the hill backwards. I came to a stop, looked around and realized I lost EVERYTHING. My skiis were gone, my poles were gone, my hat was gone, my sunglasses were gone. I remembered kind of hitting my head and figured I was going to have a headache later. It didn't turn out to be very bad thankfully. So, I found everything and gathered up my stuff. The girl the guy was with was very helpful too. She stopped and found one of my skiis I couldn't find and made sure I was ok. The other guy seemed to be fine too. She made sure I was going to be able to get my skiis back on and get down the hill. I said I'd be fine and walked/slid the rest of the way down the steep part, put everything back on an managed to fall two more time before I got the rest of the way down the hill. After that, we decided to go over to the green hills(easy). Here, we finally ran into Byron and his friend, Laura. By this time, Laura had had enough and Jeremy and I waited for her and Byron to get down the hill and said good-bye to Laura. The three of us then went back up and did a few more runs down the hill before it was 4pm and I had to get my skiis returned. We then headed up to the lodge and had a beer and some nachos and relaxed for a bit before calling it a day and headed back. By the time we got back, I was realizing my neck was feeling a bit funny, like it was very slightly stiff when I tried to look as far as Ican to the right. I didn't put two and two together until later, but I think it's from my crash. This morning, I woke up with it even stiffer and my head is sometime too heavy for my neck to lift.
After getting home and resting for a bit, we decided to go into Pembroke and meet up with Candice, Curtis, Verena and Anthony to see Alice in Wonderland. It was good to get out again and have people to do stuff with. It was a good movie(I think Jeremy even thought it was ok) and well put together.
This morning, after we finally were able to get out of bed (we're getting old and tired!), we both decided to get out with Hayde fora run. Yes, Jeremy came with me! He says he'll never go more than 2 miles, but we got a good start and before we knew it we had been out for 15 min and still had to make our way home. He ended up heading home after 3 miles !!!!! and I continued on with Hayde for another mile and a half. Once Hayde and I turned around, we saw someone up ahead and I think she was hoping it was Jeremy and picked up her pace. I kept having to call her back. Once we turned for home, she was eager and kept going faster too. She didn't know where Jeremy went. She did find him once we got home. We then headed into town for some errands. Once we got back, we've been cleaning up and cooking. Jeremy made a broccoli/cauliflower dish and pasta for lunches. I'm in the process of making some homemade granola. Jeremy's now at hockey and I need to finish this up since I have a TON of work for work that needs to be done and it's already 8:30 and Jeremy should be home soon. We have a movie we wanted to watch tonight too. I'll post a few pictures. I forgot my card when we went skiing so my camera was useless. Oh well. Below is from my snowshoe walk with Marnie and Bean on the river last weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment