skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Lots of Snow & Reading with a Happy Birthday to Jeremy
We've had more and more and more snow. I guess it's about time. We've also had lots of cold weather, intermixed with some warmer temps. Hayde and I managed over 8 miles today at running club in -12F to -7F temps. At least it was sunny and not too windy. I need to find a chance to take another snowy picture. The picnic table has close to 2 feet of snow on top of it. We luck out because each time it snows, it sticks to the trees and does't usually fall off so we get day after day of white covered trees. By the time it might start melting off, it's already snowed again. We also got our love seat just over a week ago. We love our new couches! We couldn't agree on what to get since I liked one and Jeremy really liked another one so we ended up with two different kinds, but the fabric is the same so it works out great. We've been spending hour after hour in these the last couple weeks reading and reading. My sister gave us a gift certificate to Amazon. ca so we used it all up on books. What better way of spending the cold days and evenings indoors!
 |
| Notice all 4 of us |
Yesterday was Jeremy's birthday. We read in the morning, then he got up and ran and exercised(lifted), then we headed into town to run a few errands and of course had to stop off at our favorite restaurant - The Nook Creperie! YUMMY! We came back and read some more. Jeremy's really doing a great job exercising. He's been running up to 40 minutes now - Go Jeremy! I sometimes go with him, if our schedules work together. We also have both gone to see the athletic therapist - Victoria. She's amazing-I love going to see her. It's really theraputic I think. I always leave feeling so much better, like I could just float away. She's working on some good things with Jeremy too so hopefully that'll help him with his exercising and hockey. That's about all we've been up to lately - it's not overly exciting, but we're enjoying ourselves and are excited to get back into shape.
I'll quick mention a note about work. It was a much needed break at Xmas and I managed to get a few extra days off. I was moved to a different group within the same division(under very poor circumstances) at the beginning of November, but the dynamics are even worse than where I was so it's been an exhausting effort. There's so much negativity and and I was an easy target with all the issues I was having in the other group so people were directing their negativity at me. I'm trying as hard as I can each and every hour, each time I have a conversation with someone, etc, to come back with something positive. I've now had 3 different roles and responsibilities within 1 position and it's really not clear what's expected so that's another test I have each and every day whenever I talk to anyone. I see very clearly how ineffected things are and I'm still hoping I can get out of this position quickly because I know I have so much more I can contribute than what I'm able to now. The time away really allowed me to clear my head and take a step back and understand these poor dynamics everywhere(which I kept getting trapped in) and allowed me to see the bit that I can do. It's so unfortunate, that so much of the company seems to appear like this but I have to have a little bit of hope that not all groups are as negative and ineffective as the division I'm in.
No comments:
Post a Comment