Sunday, January 29, 2012

And More Snow & Eco Energy Inspection

Guess what?!?!?  It snowed some more.  It actually warmed up over freezing a few days, but we still had rain/freezing rain/snow.  A chunk of snow melted, but it's been replaced again.  I think it's snowed every day this last week, but the sun poked thru for the odd minute or two at least.  Here are a few more pictures - enjoy(or be thankful you aren't here!).  The snow banks are getting pretty tall - compare Hayde to them!  I also got a few pictures of her new backpack/hyration pack. 
These pics are from today
Notice how tall the snow banks are starting to get!
The jeeps not coming out any time soon!  We lost a 1/3 of the driveway.  The snow's just too heavy to move anymore than necessary!
Hayde's new backpack
It came with two water bottles that fit in one of the two pouches on each side.
Jeremy stayed home Thursday morning to be here for the eco energy inspection we had done of the house.  We know we have lots of places where there's a draft coming in and wanted help detecting some of them and finding ways to plug them up.  We hit up Home Depot again yesterday and got a bunch of supplies and Jeremy spent time last night working on getting things sealed up.  He added weather striping to the doors in the entry way, sealed up the outlets along the outer walls, headed up into the attic to see what needs to be done there.  We're loosing a lot of heat thru the utility room into the attic.  It looks like we'll have to replace the bathroom fans and maybe next weekend get a blower and blow insulation into the attic.  (What fun!)  He cut a whole from the house attic into the addition attic since there was no opening before.  Hopefully this will help with all the icicles and keep the house warmer. 

We've still be running.  Hayde and I did another 8.5 miles this morning ontop of a new layer of snow so it was a bit slippery.  I'm glad I have another appointment with Victoria tomorrow(athletic therapist).  My legs were pretty tired by the end today.  Jeremy and I did 40 minutes Tuesday and yesterday so that's been good.  We've gotten our lifting in as well.  I'm still 2 lbs away from getting back over the 100lb mark and seem to be stuck for the moment but maybe the lifting will help.  I'm already noticing a big difference in my muscle tone and strength.  I'm still trying to get thru some more reading, but it's slowing down a bit due to these other things we're trying to get done. 

No comments: