I think we're back into the busy swing of things - which is good. We've been running, lifting, playing hockey, reading, working on the house. Basically the same old things. We've got the house just about finished and sealed up to be energy efficient. Next weekend, we're hoping to blow insulation into the attic. It has some, but could definitely use more! Jeremy put in a new fan in the main bathroom. It's amazing! It's now brighter in there and I can see the moisture being sucked up AND it's so quiet you can hardly tell it's on. I've sealed up all the windows with plastic and Jeremy's caulked around all the vents and outlets and any other small holes and gaps he could think of and find. The house has been a mess! Poor Hayde must have gotten terrified of the smoke alarm beep and each time Jeremy turns the power off and on, she shakes in fright all evening. I crawled up in the attic last night to get into the addition since the hole Jeremy cut is small and he's not sure he can fit through it(see below). However, it was about 0F out last night and was a bit brisk up there! I was able to answer some of the questions Jeremy had that needed finding out. We think we're good with everything up there now so hopefully next weekend we can get a blower and blow more insulation in up there.
We're both still running and Jeremy's doing a great job. I went with him on Monday to do intervals on the road since I missed getting to the track running club workout. We cut our run just a little short yesterday since it was so cold(-2F) out, but we still got about 35 minutes in. We're both doing a good job lifting throughout the week too. I can definitely see much more definition. I'm still having trouble gaining weight and can not quite get back up to 100 lbs. I'm still 1 lb short. Who would have thought it's so hard to gain weight! ha ha My hip's been just a bit sore, but I think it's because I still have work to do to build some of the weak muscles and with so much snow, the footing hasn't been good and I've been slipping and sliding about which puts just that little bit of extra strain on my weak areas. I'm being really conscientious about it though so hopefully it won't get any worse. I also found a pair of socks and picked up the few other supplies I needed to make myself a Strassburg Sock - a therapy for plantar fasciitis. That popped up again around X-mas, but it's gotten better. I just can't seem to completely get rid of it. At least these haven't stopped me from getting out!
I'm finding a way to be onsite at the plant at work now which has greatly benefited me. It's like night and day - being away from such a toxic environment. I'm working with one guy in particular and him and two others working with him have moved to site full time to be closer to the project they're working on. Since I'm helping him, I have an excuse to be there too and I'm trying to find any and every other reason why I should be there. It's still not an easy place to be, but I'm trying to do anything I can to make it better for myself. It looks like we've rolled into the next phase of what the future will bring. The government has gone out and is seeking information from external "buyers" who have any insights on what should be done with AECL. They'll be collecting information by the beginning of April so we'll see what happens. I can definitely say, something big(ie - a big house cleaning) needs to be done! Of course, it looks like the only area that definitely has leverage is decommissioning(again, everything's 50+ years old), but it could be very likely that part or all of AECL will be managed privately. Whatever does happen, I'm sure it'll take time as with everything else around here. However, I feel very strongly that Jeremy and I have something better in our future when the time is right, and I'm anxious to see what that is.
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment