Sunday, February 26, 2012

Insulation, Etc

We managed to get the insulation in last weekend.  Jeremy made a trip to pick up the insulation a day or two before and then we both drove down to pick up the rest of the insulation and the Atticat we rented.  It was quite the load.  We got prepped and Jeremy headed up into the attic while I stayed down below to feed the insulation into the machine.  It actually went quite smoothly once we got it all sorted out.  He did most of the main house then came down and we switched places.  I went up and crawled into the addition and blew the insulation in up there while he fed the machine.  We switched once more and he finished off the rest around the attic hatch.  Thankfully it wasn't super cold out that day!
Jeremy added the handles and a latch to seal the attic door
Cutting the insulation bags in 1/2 to insert into machine
AttiCat machine
the completed addition now full of insulation
In the meantime, everything's been as usual.  Hayde and I have gotten out running.  Since I've been on site, I haven't made it to the track workouts anymore, but I'm trying to do a few interval runs on my own instead.  Jeremy and I will go when it's his turn to run.  This week and last, we managed over 9 miles at running club for the Sunday long run.  It was a bit of work last week and this week my muscles seem a bit run down.  I'm wondering if I haven't gotten enough carbs in me after lifting a few nights.  Anyway, I think we're ready to get the eco energy guy back in to do the follow-up re-assessment.  Jeremy's also going to try to stay late for a night this week and next to see if he can get enough time to take a week and go down to Florida to see Jeremy's family.  I'm hoping I'll be allowed to get a week off since I've been thoroughly instructed when I can even ask for time off.  Enjoy the next few pictures.  The animals have seem to grown more fond of each other recently and Stewart's really stepped it up.  Before I forget, we've had really nice weather the last couple of weeks.  It got up close to 40F a couple of days.  Our snow was starting to slowly melt and we actually got down to the pavement in the driveway a few places!  BUT, yes, we got hit with another shot of snow Friday afternoon/evening.  We probably got around 6 inches.  It got super windy Saturday too, but the temps weren't too bad - it just felt colder.  Apparently, we're in for more snow this week.  Just when spring felt like it was on its way....(I didn't get out with my camera yet - so sorry, no pictures.)
Stewart crawled up on his own!

Hayde with us in the weight room

No comments: