Sunday, March 11, 2012

Warmth?!?!?

I'm going to try to make this short and sweet since I have lots of stuff to get done in the next 2 days.  We've booked our trip down to Florida.  We leave really early Wednesday morning.  Unfortunately we were a bit tardy and flights sky rocketed so we have to leave out of Montreal(a 3-4 hr drive).  UGH!  We got a decent price and flight times at least.  That's why I have so much to do before we leave. 

In the meantime, we've had a few days of really nice weather.  It's gotten into the upper 50s (F)!  But, we've had some really really cold weather as well(-15F, wind chill of -22F).  We did get another couple of dumps of snow too.  Here are some pictures.
After two 50+F days, but another 3-4 inches of snow.
Last weekend, I went over to see Marnie and her new baby.  She had Finn at the beginning of January, but has been busy so this was the first time I got to catch up with her since.
Jeremy realized he needed something to carry his hockey sticks in when we go to Florida.  He's playing with Nathan in a hockey tournament.  So, I had to quickly come up with something for him. 
I've still been running with Hayde.  Last Sunday, we got in a very cold and windy 10.5 miles.  Today, we did just under 10.  Our coach, Annalisa is talking about doing a 1/2 at the end of April and I'm actually intrigued with the idea.  We're so close so it won't take much more effort.  I'm hoping with my continued strenghth training I can finally get over my hip, feet and shin nagging injuries.  With the snow melting, I think I have a good change to finally recover my hip.  It tends to hurt when I run on fresh, slippery snow.  Here's a picture of the Strassburg socks I made to help my feet recover from tight plantar fasciti.  I've been wearing them to bed each night.  I've been walking around in bare feet a little bit for the first time in 3 years! 
And, we've had the eco energy guy back to reassess, but I guess he really didn't do too much.  We should be getting a nice refund back at least.  So, I think we're mostly caught up on the house projects for a few weeks.  We want to take a look at the main bathroom and get some work done there, but I'm afraid it'll turn into a really big project.  Plus, it'll be time to start thinking about the yard and garden (hopefully) when we get back.  Jeremy's getting excited about fishing season too.  Lots coming up.  So, until next time...with Florida pictures.

No comments: