Monday, March 26, 2012

Florida Trip

I'm not going to say much since I can never find enough time to do all the things I want, but I'll try to put lots of pictures.  We made it to Montreal to catch our flight(yes, it's a 4 hours drive, don't ask!) and both flights down were on time and uneventful as was the trip home.  Amee, Nate's fiance, picked us up and we immediately proceded to start our hockey vacation.  Jeremy joined Nate in his Wednesday night league.  Thursday we headed up to Carol's with Nate and Amee's new puppy, Stamkos(named after a Tampa lightning player).
Friday, we headed back to Tampa and went to watch the Tampa Lightning practice.  Some of the St. Louis Blues were also practicing.  Brian Elliot, the former Badger goalie is on the Blues team and we got to see him.
We tailgated until it was time for Jeremy and Nate to play in the hockey tournament we went down for.
We had lunch at Buca's
The hockey tournament - Jeremy's #44 and Nate is #74(orange gloves)
Each picture below has one or the other or both in them
They won the first game!!!
Between Friday night games
They started ahead, but then lost the second game...it was close!
Sunday morning we got a rest break, then back at it. 
The other team got head...
We hung out at the arena the rest of the day, then on Sunday, headed back up to Carol's.  Howard and Marilynne were there already.  We went to visit Grandma too.

We got home to NO snow!  What a change, plus it was in the 80sF here!    We headed to work the next day and got back into the swing of things.  Jeremy got some reading in over the weekend, we ran, I lifted, cleaned out the cars and did a quick vacuum, finally got the laundry done, groceries in the fridge, picked up seeds to plants as soon as it stays warm enough and started raking the yard(so much to do outside!).  I'm getting so close to finishing my book, "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families" by Stephen Covey.  I highly recommend it to EVERYONE!  It's helping me understand what I can do at work while I'm stuck in my position.  I'm still hoping to get out ASAP and into something different so I can be a much more effective employee.  People keep telling me to be patient, and I usually am, but this is really testing me.  So, with that, I'm going to sign off while I still have about a 1/2 hour to read before I have to or will fall asleep.

No comments: