On Saturday, we headed to Ottawa for some shopping. Jeremy wanted a new pair of good shoes and I wanted new running shoes. We got an early start and got to the west side before 9:30. Jeremy had luck at our first stop and found a pair of shoes. We then tried to find the running store I was looking for but wandered around for a while. We finally found it and I ended up with two pairs of shoes, a light weight training shoe and a pair of minimalist shoes. I've been thinking about a minimalist pair for a while now, but have been hestitant because of my foot pain/plantar fascitis. I also picked up a water belt Jeremy suggested (he just doesn't want to have to trail me with water on my long runs!). We stopped at the book store and I found one exercise book and Jeremy decided he could do without.
We headed home then and I got to do a bit of gardening cleanup while it was still a bit nice out. We then headed up to Deep River for Jeremy's hockey end-of-season party(he's now down to 1 league). Not many people showed up, but we had a decent time. Today, we dropped the civic off since the engine light came on about a week ago. We'll have to get that checked out. They're also doing a well needed oil change and putting the regular tires back on - let's hope we don't get anymore snow! It's supposed to snow tomorrow morning, but have a high of 9C so I can't see that anything will stick - at least it better not!
Hayde and I got 14.4 miles in last Sunday! I think that's a record. It was snowing too, but warm enough nothing stuck. I hit the pool for a little bit of water running later in the afternoon. That felt kinda good. I'm starting to go to the Monday night track/interval workouts up at the gym again. They changed the time so I can make if I go straight from work. I've since tried both pairs of shoes and think I will like them. I want to slowly convert myself to the minimalist shoe by working my way out of my normal big shoe and into the light weight trainer and then into the minimalist shoe. We both had an appointment with Victoria, the athletic therapist, last night and she showed me some foot exercises. I'm now intrigued. I have to slowly with control, lift each toe up separately and back down separately. It's tough! I've also been a bit concerned because my left(not my right like normal) hamstring has been feeling tight the last couple of days. She realized my hip was rotated a bit forward and outward - just like my right one had been a year ago! She's put it back so hopefully it'll stay put! I still need to keep working on my strength training to balance all my muscles to keep my bones in place. It never stops!
Well, I guess we did do a bit. More to come as we have a three day weekend coming up and since we don't have much to do for "holiday's", we use our time wisely on other traditions. We've been discussing work in the kitchen and main bathroom. Looks like the kitchen may get a slight make-over this coming weekend if all goes well....ie sink, counter top, backsplash and maybe paint!?!?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment