Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stuff

Sorry, I'm going to have to keep you in suspense and not include any pictures yet.  Jeremy worked on plastering the kitchen wall where we had to put in new drywall.  It's nice and smooth now, so it's ready for paint and tiling.  I picked up some paint samples Sunday and hope I can make a decision and get paint this week.  Pictures to come when all's done.

We got the car back, after another several hundred dollars.   They replaced two more things of which I can't remember.  But, now I keep hearing some grinding sound periodically when I turn a corner.  Ugh....we've put too much money into this car already it seems!  But, it's running.

It warmed up into the 70s Sunday and yesterday, but the wind really picked up.  I got 10 miles in Sunday with Hayde.  My hip and hamstring really started bothering me this last week, but after our run Sunday, my hip felt a bit better.  I went to the pool later Sunday to do some water running and that felt good.  Back to more strengthening.  Someday, I'll be 100%. 

Jeremy left early Sunday morning to head to Ottawa to start his first of 5 legs of his trip to China.  It turned out, Laurence, a guy Jeremy knows from work, was on the same flight from Ottawa to Toronto so the two of them drove to Ottawa together.  I got an email from him saying he made it to Ottawa.  Later Sunday, I got another email saying he was still in Ottawa.  His flight was delayed which would make him miss his other connection and the next day's flight was already overbooked.  Turned out both had to rebook their trip.  He ended up going from Ottawa to Vancover to Bejin to Xian with, it looks like, an overnight layover in Vancover.  I just got an email from him saying he made it there. China time - late Tuesday night, our time - Tuesday morning(it seems that he's 12 hrs ahead).  Thankfully he was with Laurence who speaks Chinese because it sounds like there was a lot of issues and running around getting all the right tickets and boarding passes.  I feel much better now, knowing he made it. 

Otherwise, Hayde and I are holding up the house.  I never like it when Jeremy leaves because I have to get up extra early to get Hayde out in the morning and last night, after I got done with my track workout at he gym, I still had to get her out for her exercise.  Jeremy usually does these things.  Well, I am rather tired so maybe I can get to bed early for once.  Tuesday's are my only "easy" days where I don't have tons of working out to do in the evenings.  It'll be a long week.

No comments: