Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kitchen/Car/Running/Hayde/China

Where do I even start?  I'm going to try to make this quick as it's 10pm and I'm super tired.  The car went in and they did an oil change, put the regular tires back on, checked out the check engine light, found an oxygen sensor was bad so replaced it and took it for a test and found the front wheel bearings bad so replaced those.  Yickes!  So, we got it back Thursday after work and it sat Friday since nothing was open.  Saturday we headed into town twice and on the second trip, the check engine light came back on.  UGH!  We brought it back in last night and they found more codes coming up.  They were going to do some test to see if there was a leak somewhere and that's all I know right now.  It's still at the shop and I haven't had a chance to talk to Jeremy anymore about it.

We took Hayde in to the vet today for her first dental appointment.  When I took her in last month, she had a big sliver from a stick lodged in her gum.  This isn't the first time this has happened.  So, they wanted her back to have that checked out because it could get infected and she could start having some bone loss.  Turns out, all is well.  She has a bit of a pocket in her gum and they cleaned that out well and got all the tarter and any other buildup off her teeth.  We'll have to be better at brushing her teeth from here on out.  She doesn't have any bone loss or infection so that's good.  She's a bit drowsy, but well. 

I managed to sign up for a 1/2 marathon over the weekend.  It's April 22 in Smith Falls, ON.  I have yet to look up where that is, but it shouldn't be more than 2 hrs away.  I'm going to go with Annalisa, our running coach, and Judy another runner.  I've been considering this for a little bit since I've gotten myself up in mileage.  I got 13 miles in on Sunday, but took Hayde on 10.  She was looking a bit tired so I didn't want to have her out too long.  Jeremy's headed to China on Sunday and will be back the Saturday before my run so we'll leave the morning of before the race.  He's headed over there for a China/Canada conference.  There are others from AECL going, but no one wanted to travel together so he's going solo.  I wish I could have gone, but it's all last minute and he had to deal with getting a visa (which wasn't super easy) and flights are expensive. 

Ok, on to the fun stuff.  We tore apart the kitchen over the weekend.  We got the counter, sink, faucet and tiles out.  It wasn't quite as smooth as we figured so we ended up having to redo the drywall(it came off with some of the tiles as we pulled them off).  Oh well.  We managed to get the new countertop, sink and with one more trip to town to the hardware store, a new faucet in and the water back on and running.  We got the new drywall in and Jeremy's been working at smoothing that out - not too easy with quite some rough edges.  Hopefully in the next day, we can get the new tiles(just trim) up and get the rest painted.  I took several pictures, but as it's now past 10, I'll have to post them later.  Besides, then hopefully, I'll have the "finished" look.  We also ordered a cabinet staining kit to "test".  This should be an easier way to restain the cabinets without having to sand or strip them down first.  We'll have to see.  I'm a little scared since we have SOOO many cabinets.  Anyway, I'm very pleased with the new countertop and the sink is AMAZING!  I hated our old one with the teeny tiny 2nd sink.  So, more to come, but I have to be off to bed now.  I had a good track interval workout today and had to hit the grocery store to put some food in the fridge so I'm a bit tired.

No comments: