skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Spring
Well, we've got our three-day weekend and so far it's been absolutely gorgeous! Probably abour 40F and sunny! The snow is finally starting to melt! YAH!!! There's no more snow in the driveway...I got that shoveled off yesterday and Jeremy got the jeep started and with some muscle power, we got it unfrozen from the icy ground and got it out into the driveway. There's a few bits of grass or ground starting to show and my flower beds in front of the house are bare and I found a few flowers blooming! The tulip are poking up. I think spring is finally going to be here. I refilled the bird feeders so we'll see if any birds come around. I'm sure we're still in for the odd cold day, but it's almost April, so it can't be too bad.
We also finished up our fiscal year at work so I had one busy week, but it was nice to have the last day off. We're still doing our workouts and we have one more week in phase 2 - easy week - before we move on to phase 3 - even more carbs. We haven't seen as much improvement this phase, so we'll see what the next phase brings. We both really liked the higher protein diet. I've gotten up to 28km last weekend. Hayde managed the entire way too. She's such a trooper! We're backing it off just a bit this weekend before I start hitting the 30-40km. I don't plan on taking her that far with me. It's going to start getting warmer anyway and she won't manage as well. She did have a clean bill of health recently at her yearly check-up. She's having a great time running with Charm and Dixie when they come out. It also looks as if Annalisa will be moving to Kingston this summer as her husband got posted. We're really going to be losing some great knowledge and coach!
I wanted to get something posted since I realized I hadn't posted anything in a few weeks. Not much new....just keeping busy working out, going to work and eating.
No comments:
Post a Comment