Monday, July 13, 2009

Quick Updates/Pictures

Jeremy's hockey Friday night and Saturday morning were successfull. I guess it was more of a scrimmage than a game. He came back Saturday and stopped at Lee and Kharrens and the 5 of them (minus me - since I had to work) headed off to the beach at the point - by the boat landing. It sounded like they all had tons of fun and it was a nice hot sunny afternoon. Lee and Jeremy tossed Alex really high up in the air so he came splashing down into the water. They also had fun burying themselves in sand and playing with a new wiffal ball and bat Jeremy got. Finally when I got home, there were plans to have them over for a grilled trout dinner. We had a good time eating before they had to leave so Alex could get to bed.

Sunday, after we took Hayde to the beach at the point - the beach between the swim area and the boat landing (where we've seen dogs and it doesn't say no dogs allowed), Jeremy hoisted his green jeep up on the car ramps we brought back from his mom's. The jeep was having trouble starting and he wanted to check out the fuel line since it had smelled like gas the last couple of weeks and we just noticed it leaking gas upon shutting the engine off. Turns out there was a hole in the fuel filter. He managed to take it out and this morning I called Napa and they had a filter in stock so I picked it up. We also took turns cutting the grass with his manual push mower - I mean literally manual - no gas! We got the back yard cut and it's looking better. I also checked and watered all my plants - pictures below. Lots of veggies on their way! Hopefully by the time Jeremy's aunt and uncle and mom make their way up in August, they'll all be ripe!

I headed off last night for a girls night out with Kharren, her friend, Jo (who I've met several times) and a few others. We had a nice delicious dinner at Jo's and then watched a movie. I'm trying to clean things up today since I have a little more time - no more phone calls! Hopefully I can get a run in and hit the gym before I need to start the spinach/mushroom lasagna Jeremy's been wanting to make. I also need to get Stewart in for his yearly appointment and updated shots this afternoon. Looks like we're in for yet another cool and rainy week! High of 13C on Friday - brrrr.
Movie

No comments: