Wednesday night Jeremy met Howard and Marilynne one more time for dinner. Thursday, He headed up to the cabin with Hayde. They must have gotten out scouting and/or grouse hunting as he had been out by the time Howard arrived at the cabin later in the afternoon. It was just the three of them and Ted Thursday night. I'm guessing everyone else arrived sometime throughout the day Friday. My email from Marilynne yesterday had some exciting news. I guess fairly early Saturday morning, Jeremy got his deer. From what I hear, it's a 9-pointer and is good sized. It took him about 2 hours to get out of the woods. I hope he gets some pictures. Apparently his uncle, John, got a deer(spike) as well so they had a successful 1st day.
In the meantime, I've been keeping pretty busy here. I got to the gym Monday, Wednesday and Friday again. Out running every weekday as well. Wednesday, I got to the gym and realized I forgot my shirt to change into so I had to go back home to pick it up. However, on my way back, I was just about to the grocery store on Petawawa Blvd when all the sudden I saw something out of the corner of my eye. Sure enough, a deer was on the shoulder just about to step into the road. I practically slammed on my breaks
(thankfully no one was tailgating me) and the deer, at the last minute, decided to turn around after it had taken a few steps onto the road a few feet in front of me. That was a very close call. I'm positive I would have hit it had it kept going and not turned around. After my heart settled down, I thought how ironic....maybe I would have been the one with a deer. (I wasn't going that fast, so it probably would have survived.)This weekend, I've continued to work on my curtains.
It's turned out to be a MUCH bigger project than I had invisioned. I did get the living room curtains done. I had to alter them a bit to fit new rings on them so they'd fit on the curtain rod. Things seem simple, they're just tedious and time consuming. I've also just finished one panel for the computer room. I don't think I'll get the other one done tonight, but maybe I can during the week. If I can get ahold of Lee tonight and grab the camera for
a few quick pictures I'll get them posted. Bathroom and spare bedroom are finished.One more week and Jeremy should be home. So far, the weather has stayed around 50F so I'm hoping it'll hang on for another week so Jeremy can get back without having to worry about snow.
**********************************************************************************
New update - I talked to Jeremy after writting the first part.
He went back out today to a different spot, but didn't see anything. He was just heading back to the cabin so didn't know how anyone else did today. He's thinking about leaving the cabin Thursday or Friday morning, heading back thru Madison, Milwaukee (Cabela's), then around Chicago and back. He dropped Hayde off Friday and she wasn't happy and wouldn't stop barking. He gave in and upgraded her kennel and paid extra for getting her out everyother day for exercise. Depending on how many people are around yet towards the middle of the week, he might pick her up early.
1 comment:
I love that brown and blue curtain!
Post a Comment