Sunday, January 31, 2010

Doggie Sitting

We got to doggie sit for my friend, Marnie's, dog, Bean, last week Sunday and Monday. Her and Jason stopped by Sunday morning and dropped Bean off. They both were really excited for a while, but eventually calmed down. I went out to do a few errands and left Jeremy with them mid day. Later in the afternoon, we took them outside in the yard to play around for about and hour. They both had fun. Hayde had her gigantic kong(we got it big so it wouldn't get lost in the deep snow) and Bean had fun with the football we got Hayde but she popped it right away so it's a flat football now. Overnight and Monday during the day, we crated Bean in Hayde's kennel so they wouldn't destroy the place. When I got home, I took both of them out to the Pet Terrace Park for a run. They were both really good and had a great time. When I got back, Marnie and Jason were already here to pick Bean up. We told them Bean was really good (they worry because Bean tends to be a bit aggressive with dominant female dogs). I can't believe how well behaved she is, considering what Hayde was like at a year! I keep telling Marnie Bean's so well behaved.

This week, we headed back to the gym on Monday to play tennis after Bean got picked up. We lifted and swam tuesday. I tried it again without the floaty thing. We're slowly getting better. We just lifted Thursday and of course, I ran all week as well. Monday and Tuesday were great! It was warm, high of 35-40F!!!! The snow was melting and as Hayde and I ran thru the park, we kept sinking in the foot of snow that was on the path. It made for a good workout! But, by Friday, we had a high of near 0F and the winds picked up! I dressed Hayde up for our run on Friday(thankfully we're about the same size and she fits into my shirts).
This weekend, was somewhat lazy. We took Hayde out to Black Bay to run around and play fetch on the ice. It was still cold, high near 5F? Another fat dog found us and hung around the entire time, but was way lazier and didn't go after the frisbe or kong much. Eventually, Hayde got beat up a bit and was bleeding around the mouth so we decided to head home. She must have weak gums and was scrapping her chin on the ice as she was retrieving and got cut up. Somehow, I forgot my camera. Today, I took her on another good run thru the park for about 40 minutes.
I also spent the weekend working on sewing a little jacket for Khartem for his birthday and finished it this evening. I'm going to make the new baby a little sleeper and try to put a hood and feet on this one. Again, I don't have one pattern to use so I'll have to invent it as I go from a couple of different patterns I have. I did find a dog pattern for a vest that I picked up. I'm hoping to get to Ottawa sometime and check out a huge fabric store that some one at the fabric store here told me about. I'm hoping they might have or be able to get some neoprene fabric so I can make a vest for Hayde.
Onto another busy week...

No comments: