Monday, January 11, 2010

Sorry So Short

Can you guess I've started work....and haven't had a chance to update this more recently???

Let's see, we haven't done toooo much since getting back from Florida. We were lazy the last few days of vacation. Lee, Kharren, Alex and Khartem came over that Saturday for a while which was nice. We're back into the swing of work and are trying to get back onto a gym schedule. Went today to play tennis with Byron, someone Jeremy met at work and in hockey, and his friend. We then stayed to do our weight lifting and are finally home and eating dinner now that it's 10pm. We've been out shoveling most days and I think we had a record - it didn't snow for 2, yes, TWO days! The snow banks along the road are now taller than Hayde is. I've been out running with her and am happy to be able to go back to Petawawa Terrace for a semi-dark evening run. A new friend of mine, Chelsea, came over Saturday with her soon to be 1 year old German Shepard, Magnum, for a frolic thru the park. The two dogs got along great! Her and I carpool together. We will continue to plan weekly frolics with the dogs in the future.

Topics I will have to continue with at a later date, but wanted to at least mention them:

1. I'm having a housewarming/Jeremy b-day party this Saturday and I think we've got about 12-18 people that will show up. Didn't realize we might actually know that many people here! I have lots of baking/cleaning to try to get done by then this week.
2. I'm making Jeremy an adult pair of sleepers with feet and hopefully a hood. It's a bit tricky as I have no pattern to go from and am trying to do it as I go, looking at a baby's semi-sleeper pattern and an adult pj (top & bottm)pattern while trying to make it to Jeremy size and wishes!
3. We are still having massive problems finding an oil company and are continuing to fill our oil tank ourselves at 5-gal/day just to keep the house semi-warm with hot water. Wish we had known we'd have this problem when we got the house. We're looking into another company now, but don't have much hope that they'll fill our tank either. So, we may be in for getting a new tank and having to move it, etc or maybe redoing the heating to put in gas if there are lines to our neighborhood.

Hopefully some pictures to come when I have more time with more updates. Sorry such a quick post.

No comments: