Looks like I got all my pictures in reverse order so I'll have to back track as I write. As you can see first, we got back to more snow...and ice. That big storm that went thru the midwest hit us probably sometime Friday/Saturday. So, we made it out of here just in time. I heard we had freezing rain and we found our car covered on top and on one side in an thick layer of ice with snow on top. The following pictures are from our walk late in the afternoon today with Hayde thru the Petawawa Terrace. The trees are heavy with all the ice and snow on them. There were at least two trees that had come down across the path. 



Wednesday night after we got home, we shoveled out the driveway. The leftovers from the plow won't budge as it's all ice.

The cars in the parking lot at the airport all looked like this - covered in a ice and snow....
The tires were caked in ice.
I made everyone smile for a few family pictures the night before we left as we said good-bye to Jeremy's grandma (his mom's mom).
Jeremy, Me, Carol, Nathan and Amee.
Jeremy, Me, Grandma, Nathan and Amee.
Grandma, Jeremy, Nathan and Carol
Grandma and Carol
Amee and Nathan
Running over to Jeremy's grandma's place which is across hole # 3 from his mom's place. Some were scared of running into snakes, allegators or other night-time animals in the dark. We did run into the sprinkler and managed to dodge it without getting wet.
Jeremy and Nates favorite position - laying on the couch watching hockey! We spent lots of time doing this. We did get out Monday. Carol took Amee and I out on the town shopping. I had some things I wanted to get that I couldn't find here in Petawawa. We hit lots of stores all day while Jeremy and Nate did their own things....tried playing tennis (but had dead balls), played miniature golf and hit some balls at the batting cage, went to the pier and beach, but didn't stay long since it was so cold(for Florida). Tuesday, Carol, Jeremy and I went to see Avatar. As we waited in line for popcorn, the popcorn machine started smoking and ended up catching on fire! We watched as the young kids doing the registers struggled with the fire extinguisher and finally managed to get it out. We were glad we had just gotten our popcorn before this. The alarms did go off, but they didn't empty the building. We also went out for a couple of walks which was really nice as it was sunny out and a bit warmer than the other days. The sun sure felt nice!!!!! Jeremy and I had some trouble seeing since we weren't used to seeing the sun and having it so bright! Amee and Nate went back to Tampa where they live since Nate had to work Tuesday, but they came back in the evening and stayed for the night so they could drop us off at the airport early Wednesday before Nate went to work.
Having X-mas dinner on Sunday.
We stopped over to see Jeremy's grandma Sunday. She had lots of tales to tell.
Saturday, Amme, Nate, Jeremy and I went back to Tampa. They wanted to show us an outdoors store that they had found. In the evening we went to the Tampa Lightning vs. Altanta Thrasher hockey game. We had a great time all day hanging out with Amee and Nate.
The Tampa mascot, the Lightning Bug!
Amee and I pregame outside with the Lightning Bug.
I guess my bear reflector works!
We dared the guys to get a picture with two of the Lightning Girls, the Tampa cheerleaders. Of course they took us up on it.

Before the game, we hit a sushi/Indian restaurant a few blocks from the arena. It sure was good!
Jeremy feeding me a piece of sushi with chop sticks.
We ordered the boat which came with lots of different types of sushi and fish. They were great and added extra veggie sushi for me. :) We managed to finish almost all of it - minus a few pieces of fish.
Amee and Nate
Infront of the Lightning arena on our way to dinner.
All in all, we had a really good trip. We stayed up late and got up late. I got a few runs in, in the mornings. I did get to run in shorts and a tee-shirt, but it was a bit chilly. We saw some sun, got to visit, ate lots. Our trip there went without problems. Both legs of the flight were on time. The Ottawa airport was busier from any other time I'd been thru there, but we still only had one person infront of us to check in and we spent maybe 5 minutes getting thru security. Jeremy and I managed to fit all our stuff in one piece of luggage and I brought my backpack as a carry on with a few magazines and books. It was a long 12-hr travel day though. Our trip back was just as good - even with two layovers and the weather cooperated for us. We picked Hayde up this morning and she was super excited to see us!
Our next goal is to find a way to get our oil tank filled up. We called the company the previous owners used and it took some time for them to meet with us to get all our info. We finally did that Thursday prior to leaving and they said someone would be out this week to fill it. Unfortunately upon our return, the tank had not been filled so Jeremy called and called again today, only to find out they will not service us strickly because we have no credit and have officially denied us. Of course by the time we got this news it was after 2pm and Jeremy tried calling a few other places we found in the phone book, but of course no one was around being New Years Eve. So, hopefully we can make it a bit longer and we'll have to wait until Monday to make any more calls. In the meantime, we picked up a 5 gallon gas tank and Jeremy filled it with diesel as we may have to fill it ourselves for the time being. He's calculated it may take about 15 gallons to make it thru one week. Cross your fingers we'll find someone to service us soon!
Other than that, we are hopeful to start the new year with a fresh start, as we finally both have decent jobs and money coming in, we have our new home (minus our oil problem) and more projects in mind, we've figured pieces of this country out and we have optimistic ideas for our future ahead to strive for. I wish everyone a healthy, happy and safe New Year! I'm off to join Jeremy in watching the World Junior Hockey Championships - Canada vs USA!
No comments:
Post a Comment