We'll, I'm stuck in Ottawa.
I drove here on Sunday for a training course. Turns out there were only four of us in this course and we're all from AECL. It ended up being a good useful course, but I am now stuck as each day it's snowed a bit, but starting this morning around 6am it really started coming down. We started our class early today, but before very long I decided I was not going to try to attempt to drive back today. Be lunch time, 3 of us decided to stay and the 4th is trying to drive home tonight. It's been coming down pretty heavy all day and finally started tapering off a bit by the time we left and drove to Kanata (the very west suburb of Ottawa) to a new hotel. I just looked out the window and can no longer see out, it's coming down so hard. The news is saying we got about 12 cm here in Ottawa, but North Bay, 3-4 hrs west of here along Hwy 17 got 18cm and it's still collecting. It may turn to rain in some places tonight before it turns back to snow in the morning. They're calling for another 5cm tomorrow and high winds so I don't know how that'll affect the roads tomorrow so I guess I'll have to wait and see, but I'm super nervous about trying to make the drive back. It's been 2 years since I've driven in the snow and I'm nervous anyway about driving so this hasn't been a very fun trip for me. I guess they closed AECL in Chalk River today around 3pm and sent everyone home. I assume it's been a bit worse up the valley. Wish me a safe drive home whenever that may happen - snow thru Friday. Hopefully pictures to come once I make it home.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment