I finally got some pictures of the snow. Let's see, it snowed the big storm when I was in Ottawa, then last week one night, it snowed another 4-6 inches overnight - AND turned REALLY cold!!!! See pictures below from Saturday. We've been dealing with highs in the minus teens or twenties (Celsius) which is right around zero (Fahrenheit). We've had the red jeep in the garage and the truck in the driveway, and neither has had problems starting (so far!). I've still managed to get Hayde out for our daily run in the evenings. I put a shirt on her one night when it was about 2F. I even got to the gym a couple times. Jeremy went over to Lee's Thursday night and made a game meat meal with Lee and another guy from work, Tony. I went over after the gym.
Saturday, Jeremy dug out his boxes with his picture/room stuff. Last weekend, he started work on the closet in the spare bedroom and got it finished up. We spent one night last week cleaning up the mess so Saturday he could set "his" room up. We also hauled in the other desk that had been sitting in the garage. It's nice to get that somewhere. Turns out the room is pretty nice. Once we get the left over boxes out, I'll post a few pictures. Below is the empty finished closet. In the evening, we had a double "date" night with Lee and Kharren. We went to see Avatar. The graphics are amazing! We did enjoy the movie too. Afterwards, we ended up going to one of Kharren's Philippino friend's house whom we've met before. We had a good time hanging out with them and came home late. Sunday, after a late start, was more cleanup and Jeremy managed to get the green jeep started after a jump. He drove it around the block, came back and said it's probably "dead for the winter".
So, this week will probably go fast, but slow. Lots of people took the whole week off at work so there's not much to do and it's pretty quiet. However, we've got lots to do at home before Friday. Hayde is scheduled to go to the kennel on Wednesday. They wouldn't take her Thursday or Friday. We're headed out to Florida (Tampa) Friday to visit Nate, Jeremy's brother, then up to Spring Hill to visit Jeremy's mom and grandma. We'll be heading back on Wednesday, the 30th - the day Howard and Marilynne drive over to visit Jeremy's mom, so we'll just miss them. It's hasn't quite sunk in that we're leaving so soon already. Too much to do so we'll see how it goes. Not sure when I'll get a chance to write again so I hope everyone has a great holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment