Friday, we got up and started to prep the bedroom for our big reno project. Finally! I'm so excited to get this done. We hauled everything out and started stripping the room apart. We painted the walls - a light beige. Jeremy cut some boards he had in the garage for trim and we pulled out the pink carpet. I'm certainly not sad to see that go! Once we got the walls painted, we went out to tackle the garage while the paint dried. We spent several more hours out there cleaning it up and finally getting the rest of our stuff put in places. It's now a nice emply work area. I must also say, it was a beautiful day on Friday. I checked the temp on both gauges and they both read 85F!!!! WOW! For Canada in the first week of April! Who could believe! We then planned our trip to town for Saturday to pick up a few more supplies to finish off the room. We had planned on trying to lay carpet, but we decided we'd get laminate instead and then put a throw rug down, kinda like the living room.
Saturday, we got up and hit the gym in the morning to do some sprints and lift. I ran once we got home then we headed into town for a while to pick up supplies. By the time we got back, it was around dinner time. Once we ate, we started in on the flooring. We managed to get that complete (including the closet) and got the floor rug cut and in place, AND got the bed put back together and made. Whew. We were pretty tired by this point as it was close to 1am I think.
Today, we finished up cleaning up the house, or at least so we could walk thru it again. I got the last bits and pieces of the bedroom unpacked and out finally. I started in on the laundry as well, and for the first time, was able to use my nifty clothes line outside! We've been really lucky and had a great weekend, today high of 70F maybe. While I was finishing up on the room, Jeremy started in on making the ice cream cake he's been dying to try making. He also made some home made tomato sauce for his spaghetti for his lunch. I later went for my 8 mile run and then we finished up a few things and headed to Lee and Kharren's for dinner. Below are some of the bedroom pictures.
Before pictures of original looking bedroom(previous owners). I guess I never took pictures of what we had just before renovating. It wasn't very exciting other than a pure white room and pinkish carpet and I threw up some of my plane white curtains after I immediately took down the lace ones.
A few other things to point out. We got snow overnight last week and woke to a thin layer Monday morning, only to have it be 85F by Friday! What a change. It's supposed to be in the 50s and 60s F this week and raining. Oh well, at least it shouldn't be snow. The park no longer has snow on the trail! It did on my Thurs run, but by yesterday it was all gone. I took Hayde on 4 of my 8 miles today - it was a bit warm for her so I dropped her off and continued by myself. We should be able to start playing tennis outside since they've put the nets up! Our grass is just starting to turn green. Probably with some rain, it'll get on it's way. I'm hoping work calms down now (I've had 3 major deadlines and one last one tomorrow and the last bits of year end stuff) so I might not be so stressed out and bringing my computer home every night hoping to get a little bit down, but never succeeding. Well, we're off to sleep. Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment