Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Last Week's Picture Update

I'm amazed, I have some time tonight! I don't know the last time I could decide what I wanted to do and I actually made dinner(however, Jeremy's working late, so I'll have to eat by myself). Here are some pictures from the last week when my parents were here and from my marathon:
Jeremy made walleye for dinner We had a really nice walk thru the Forest Lea Trails...one of the last nice days without rain!
Another cooler walk along the Petawawa River
As we were leaving to head to Toronto
Our hotel room in Toronto
Mom and Dad in downtown Toronto!
We did plenty of walking thru the downtown streets
We walked thru the St. Lawrence Market and stopped for a snack
The Distillary District of old buildings turned into galleries
The Hockey Hall of Fame Museum(we didn't make it inside yet - something for another trip)
Race morning - heading to the start @ 7am (it was only a few blocks away). I had mom wear my blaze orange shirt so I could make them out easily.
The gun went off and the race has started (the ellite out front). It took me another 5 minutes to cross the starting line. They're so fast, it's hard to capture on camera
Ok, I must be getting close to where my parents and Jeremy stood at the beginning...The 1/2 marathoners and full marathons started together Here I am....I found a new super bright yellow shirt! Second viewing - as we started our journey west on Lakeshore Blvd - I must be approaching
I'm handing off my gloves....hands got warmed up quickly
The CN Tower in the background
Third viewing - we left the 1/2 marathoners beind to finish and we headed out on the eastern loop along Lakeshore Blvd. Feeling ok yet, but knew my hamstrings were tightening up by now.
My parents and Jeremy! I have to be close to the end now....somehow I hadn't realized it was only 500m away, but a few steps later, I saw a sign for the last 200m....ops, I guess I could have picked up my pace a little bit sooner. Oh well.
I did it!!!! Whew...it's always harder than I remember....now, let me sit down for a minute!

1 comment:

RunningMomof3 said...

Great job Maya! I aspire to run 3:52 with you some day. :-) Great photos too. I have yet to post photos from our marathon.