Sunday, October 24, 2010

Another Cold Rainy Weekend

Here are a few pictures from last weekend that I hadn't posted yet... Grouse hunting, we had flushed several, but didn't get any shots. Sunday, Jeremy made some apple pie. It was sure delicious, we gobbled it right up with some ice cream on top! umm.... My finished mulched job. The front flower bed infront of the living room. I have a few mums for the fall blooming. The other flower garden in front of the house on the other side. The wild grasses still look good.
There are even a flower or two left blooming. This is one of our four clematis flowers looking really nice.
I spent the most time on the berry garden last weekend pulling out most of the grass that was still growing. There's a bit left in the back and to the right I'll have to conquer next spring.
Jeremy's been working late this week to get an experiment set up, tested and commissioned. I've had the house to myself in the evenings which has been kinda nice. I got to running club Thursday and three of us did about a 5 mile run. I'm still having troubles with my right hamstring from my race and am hoping it'll start feeling better soon. I got the name of a physiotherapist I may try to get in touch with to see if they have any ideas how to heal this. Yet, again, we've had a dreary, cold week. We have more rain in the forecast for the coming week. Thursday, on my way home, it was snowing! It snowed some more Friday, but it's still just warm enough it probably won't stick on the ground, unless we get A LOT. Hopefully the temps will stay just above freezing for a bit longer. Saturday, we ended up with a decent day. It was a very cool start and cloudy, but by afternoon, the sun poked it's way out. We took Hayde out to Barron Canyon Road and walked thru the woods grouse hunting. We went to our usual spot, and walked for an hour and half. Nothing! We were finally heading back and passed a ridge we usually scout and then.....Hayde flushed one! Jeremy got a few shots off and it came down!
We then drove down the road a bit to where Jeremy's gone duck hunting and we got out and followed a path(road) around part of the lake and down a stream. We stopped for a bit at some waterfalls. Then, we crossed the stream and scouted and walked for another hour and a half. We didn't see any birds, but when we got to a clearing, what's appears to be a dry lake, we saw a nice big buck running along the tree line. We've never seen any animals out in the woods before (other than a crow and a few grouse!). This was kinda exciting and it was big! I didn't get a good look at it's rack(mainly saw it's big white tail), but I think it was pretty big. We then continued and ended up going all the way around the first lake until we got back to the car. All in all, we had a good 3 hour hike thru the woods. Needless to say, we all crashed by 8-9pm!
Today, it's been drizzling all day. But, Jeremy worked on the boat and we got that in the shed behind the garage. We also got all the miscellaneous outside stuff put away(hoses, chairs, etc) and the backyard and deck cleaned up. I think we're almost ready for winter(I'm still hoping it holds off a little bit yet). We just have to work on cleaning up the house.

No comments: