Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Good News/Garage Update

Last week Thursday night I came home, got the mail and found a brown envelope in my hand.  I checked for the sender and held my breath as I read Consulate General, blah blah blah addressed to Jeremy Richard Licht.  I decided to go ahead and open it.  The first sentence read something to the fact of our permanent resident application process is now complete.  Please send in your passport(s) along with more photos and fee.  We've been waiting 2 years for this letter.  However, it keeps eluding us as we have yet another step to complete...  So, Monday, I hit the post office with our passports, the page to fill out and some more photos.  We had already paid the fee so we sent in the receipt.  We're anxiously awaiting the final reply and to get our passports back(without getting lost!).  I'm guessing they'll take out our work permits and stamp our passports or put in our "visa" stating we now have permanent residency.  Then, hopefully, we can show HR at work and they'll turn our status from term employees to full-time permanent employees.  What a process!

So, anyway, we hit town Saturday to do some errands.  I found two sheets I was able to sew together so we now have one mega sheet for our mega bed.  I'm still on the lookout for a duvet cover I can make that still matches the bedroom colors.  We found a few more shelving units for the garage too.  Once we got back, we hit up the garage and worked on cleaning up and finding homes for tools, screws, nails and the rest of the garage "junk".  We still have some more work to do, but here's what it looks like so far.
 We also got hit with another 10 inches of snow or so Friday/Saturday.  It was so light and fluffy it was easy to shovel.  I should mention, our neighbor is letting us borrow (or store) her snow blower for those heavy, big piles of snow we may get.  So far, we haven't used it, but I'm sure the time will come.  Sunday, it turned bitter cold(12F with high winds), but Hayde and I still managed to get to running club and do 6 miles.  It kicked my butt!  My hands froze, my ears froze and my belly and legs froze(needless to say, my hands, ears, feet and nose have been frostbitten years earlier).  I guess I'm not accustomed to running that long in such cold weather.  I've usually just started training in January and am still doing short 20-30 minute runs.  So, of course, now I'm on the prowl for making some warmer double or triple layered mitts and hat to run in.
Well, we must head to the gym to stay "on schedule" tonight and I have many other things I'd like to accomplish tonight, of which maybe realistically one, maybe two might get done(this being one).  Until next time....

No comments: