Sunday, February 6, 2011

Exhausting Week

Well, I can't complain too much cause I know my sister is worse off, but I'd have to say it's been quite the week and I'm feeling exhausted.  So, as my last post said, my sister did in the end have her baby Tuesday morning.  I'd have to say, it is a relief not to have to sit here wondering and waiting, but it's unforunate he had to come soo early, but he's such a trooper!  At 2lbs 12 oz he's bigger than I ever would have guessed and so far he's been doing really well.  I've been getting email updates in the mornings from my sister and I've been calling her each evening.  He's been breathing on his own without problems and it certainly looks like he's got some good lungs from the pictures of him screaming!  They're monitoring his O2, heart rate and he's had an IV, but they've also put a tube down into his tummy so he can be fed.  They've given him some donated milk too.  To ease his breathing after eating since his full tummy pushes on his diaphram, they give him supplemental O2.  So, all in all, he's been doing extrememly well and we're so happy to hear this.  My sister is still sore, but the 2nd day, she managed to get out of bed and walk to the NICU to see Joey.  She did get out of bed the 1st day and was wheeled to see him for the 1st time.  Poor little Jack has a lot to deal with, but it seems he's doing really well with all this.  I'm sure it helps to have Grammy and Poppy(my parents) there for distractions!  I missed talking to her yesterday, but she should have been released yesterday.  I'm soo anxious to get to go out to see her and Joey and help out with whatever I can, but I really don't think I'll be able to go until we get out passports back in Mid to late March.  I'm so disappointed.  Below are two pictures I downloaded from Bob on facebook.
Otherwise, Jeremy and I went to crossfit on Tuesday.  I thought he'd like it and I think he did.  It always turns out to be a fairly good workout.  So, we may try to do that once a week rather than hit the gym to lift one day a week.  Wednesday, we also got hit with the edge of the big storm that hit the midwest and northeast.  We proabably got 6-8 inches.  But of course, Wednesday night we got really cold, -15F, so it all froze to the roads.  It made for quite the drive into work and there ended up being a fatal accident right by the Petawawa Research Forest later in the morning so the hwy was closed all day.  It took me over an hour to get home thru all the icy back roads way out into the boonies.

Tuesday evening, Marnie stopped over with Bean and Cooper.  Her and Jason were headed to California for vacation.  So, we've got the two dogs until this coming Thursday.  That also is a bit of a handful, but Hayde and Cooper love playing with each other and they all get along really well.  I've been taking Hayde and them, alternating with Bean and Cooper, out running with me.  Yesterday, we took them out to Black Bay and let them run around and play fetch on the ice.  They had a great time and I think we wore them out.  They slept a good chunk of the rest of the day.  We did take them out for a walk later too. 
This morning, Hayde and I went to running club and her, Janice and I managed to do 12.5 miles!  Hayde and I are both exhausted and all dogs are sacked out right now.  I've had a sore hip flexor for the last week or more, so I'm hoping that will get bette with time.  So, other than that Jeremy and I have some deadlines to met at work this week and are doing work at home.  It's going to be one more super long, tiring week.  I have about 1-2 weeks worth of work to get done this week so I'm going to have to find the extra time in the evenings to try to get everything done.  UGH!  Now, I better get to it!

No comments: