I don't quite know where to begin. It's not been too busy of a week, but a lot has happened. I'll start with the good news:
We got our passports back on Wednesday! They sent another 5 pages of instructions. It looks like we have a "temporary" visa that will expire in May. We have to go to a port of entry or internation airport and "immigrate" into Canada. They'll require ALL our documentation, from birth certificate to diplomas, etc. and will have to do an interview of some sort. It seems as this process will never end. However, with some brief discussions, we've ended up booking a flight to Florida to see Jeremy's family. We'll be leaving this coming Tuesday! We'll be gone until the following Tuesday, so hopefully, we'll have plenty of time to visit. I decided not to go out to my sister's since she wants me to come in May instead. I'm really disappointed since I've had to wait this long to be able to travel and now I'm going to have to wait another month and a half or so before I can go out. It looks like little Joey will be able to come home this weekend finally. I had hoped I could be there around the time he'd get to come home.
My next news is that I got my resume in for the position I learned about last week. I think they've done a couple of interviews, but I don't know much more. I'll have to wait and see if anything comes of this or not.
I decided to take most of this week off of running. I ended up going to running club Wednesday for hills and our "coach" Annalisa showed up briefly at the end of our run so I got to talk to her for a bit. She's been suffering from a hip injury as well and hasn't been able to run in couple months too. I did finally get a call in to the chiropractor and managed to get in yesterday. She was amazed at how little motion I had as well and had never seen anyone with such tight hip muscles before. She worked on maybe 5 or 6 muscles that all come together at a point in my upper, right hip right around my hip flexor. I guess there are a couple hip flexor muscles/legaments. She thinks one or two muscles in there have stopped working all together and that the other muscles have had to take over. So, she loosed them up(OW!), and I was able to get the motion/flexibility I'm supposed to have. I'll have to work on keeping them stretched out a bit. She suggested I don't run for a bit and then slowly pick it back up and not to over due the stretching. It seems any motion I do irritates this and so it stays inflammed. I continue to ice throughout the day and even got an ice pack to use at work. So, I guess I won't be bringing any running gear down to Florida. I have an appointment Sunday night with Victoria, the athletic therapist, so I'll have to see what she says. Hopefully, with the two, I can finally get this better.
Today, after we took Hayde for a walk, I decided to pull the dead lily leaves from the front flower bed since all the snow there had melted. I'm glad I did because I noticed some of my flowers have started to sprout. How exciting! We've had some warmer weather this week. It got into the 40s(F)! However, today it got cool again and looks like it'll stay right around freezing all weekend. Hoepfully, by the time we get back from Florida, things will be warming up for good. We still have maybe a foot of snow on the ground, but it's definitely melting!
Last, but not least, we had some shocking news in the community. Apparently, Tuesday, there was a women found murdered in a home in Deep River. She worked for AECL in JL Gray(building across the street from where I work). Her husband she recently separated from and her boyfriend also work for AECL. The father-in-law had driven up from about 2 hrs away and shot her and drove back home where he turned himself in. So, work's been buzzing like crazy with talk.
Friday, March 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment