Sunday, March 6, 2011

Snow, snow & more SNOW!


Well, look below!  That's about all I have for this last week(or should I say last 2 days).  Sorry so many pictures, it's just amazing how much snow came down.
First venture outside Saturday morning for a walk.  Snow started Friday evening just after I got in from my run after work.
Saturday as we headed out for a walk late morning.  This is looking down Michael Crescent.  They hadn't come by yet to plow.  There's probably 6 inches or more in the street.
At least it wasn't super cold.  Somewhere about 20F.


Walking thru the Petawawa Terrace
They plowed while we were out.  The snow bank is taller than Hayde!  Our driveway is somewhere behind the pine tree.
Jeremy got to use the snow blower our neighbor is letting us use/store.  He's trying to get thru the stuff left by the plow.
First round cleaning the driveway - Saturday!
Sunday morning.  The snow finally stopped!  The grills had been cleared off before the snow started on Friday.
Must clean off the truck AGAIN... this is the acummulation since Saturday at about 5pm.
Headed out for my run Sunday morning.  No one showed up for running club, so it was just Hayde and I.
Looking down Michael Crescent.  No plow came thru since Saturday while we were out on our walk.
They managed to plow the sidewalks by the time we were out running Sunday.  The banks are taller than Hayde now so we have to be really careful - no one can see her.
We made it home from our run.  Still no plow came by.  Hayde sitting in the street next to the snow bank from the plows.
Second time clearing the driveway.  Look how deep it is AGAIN!
Hayde playing on top of the snow bank while I waited for Jeremy to clean the rest of the driveway so I can pull the truck back in.
"Where's Waldo?"  or "Where's the green jeep?"
The snow bank is about as high as the door handle on the truck!
Driving down Silke.  Had to go around the block to get the truck back in the driveway.
Jeremy blowing out a path to oil tank in the backyard.  Must make it available if they have to refill.  The snow's almost as tall as the snowblower and almost up to the branches on our cherry tree!
Snow pile in front of the house.  It's taller than my bird feeder!
The backyard.  I shoveled a path for Hayde, but she has to go up a step when she gets to the last step off the deck.
The sun did try to come out a bit today and made for some nice coloration.
Hayde sitting in the snowbank where Jeremy made the path back to the oil tank.  She's really sitting up on a big bump so the snow's actually deeper than it looks.
We did get about 4-6 inches Monday morning as well, before this hit.  It's trying to slowly warm up and we've been lucky to get a few days in the 20s(F), but it's still bitter cold in the mornings.  Tuesday we woke up and it was about -29C, with windchills about -32/-33C, about -24F/-29F with the windchill.  I guess spring is going to hold off for a bit yet.  Darn!  Other than snow, Jeremy came down with another cold this last weekend and has been dragging all week.  I went to the gym solo to lift on Tuesday.  Otherwise, I continued to run with Hayde after work for 20-30 min thru the park.  It's nice since I can get my runs in, in the daylight now!  Work has settled down temporarily for the last week which was nice, but we all had no motivitation to do much.  Well see how things go for the next 2 months.  Still no word on our passports, but our money order made it to the immigration office last Monday at least.  Hopefully I'll get some motivation to get back to my duvet cover.  Jeremy finally made it back to hockey Friday night and he's off at his last Sunday night game tonight. 

No comments: