Sunday, October 7, 2012

Last Couple of Weeks

August 31 - I'm getting bad at posting.  We've still been running.  Jeremy's been coming with me to running club for Monday track workouts and Thursday hills.  He's definitely improving on his conditioning if he sees it or not.  I've managed to get some longer runs in, in the last couple of weeks.  I got 29K(~19mi) in this past weekend.  Went ok, but I was definitely feeling tired by the end.  I've officially signed up for the Chalk River Kitchissippi Run Oct 6th - full marathon.  Most of us at running club have signed up so it'll be a fun and easy going race.  Also, looks like my parents will have to stay around for another weekend when they come up to visit to watch. 

We haven't gotten out fishing too much, but I have a few pictures to post from the odd time out. 

My 22inch walleye!!!  He was FAT!
I guess we've had work to do around the house.  Jeremy fixed the light fixture over the garage and redid the lights(and added more), to the inside and shed attached.  He also cleaned up the garage and we got the canoe in it now to be fixed up and patched.  He also went out with a buddy to fix up a duck blind at Mud lake the other weekend.  It's getting closer to bird season.  I'm trying to work on the yard a bit.  We're re-doing the vegetable and berry garden and making it bigger.  I also cleaned up some of the flower gardens because I haven't had much time to touch them all summer.  We're starting to get lots of pepper from the garden too.  We've grilled them stuffed with cream cheese and we've also made cream cheese/pepper filled won-tons.  Yummy! 

My most exciting news is that I've finished up with work!!!!  I'm moving on to my new position on Tuesday and I've decided to take today and Friday off so I get a nice long 5-day weekend!  Jeremy's still going to work to try to save some days, but I wanted a nice break between jobs.  It's been a VERY long year, that's for sure!  I'll be back in Deep River.  There's good and bad things to both places so either is fine with me. 

Well, must get on to more things on my agenda.  Hope to have a bit more time to keep this updated but we'll see.

No comments: