Sunday, May 16, 2010

The LUXURY Mobile

Well, we've had another exciting weekend. I don't think we did anything special Friday night other than take Hayde out for a walk. Saturday, I got up early and took Hayde out for a short run through the park. Hayde was behind me at one point sniffing something when I turned a bend in the path and came across a turkey. I spooked it and it went scurring off toward the bank and I lost sight of it. I turned to check on Hayde and she was coming full speed towards me. I put out my hand to slow her down and she stopped just infront of me. I stood still and listend and she got the hint not to move and listen and smell too. We creaped forward and she picked up the scent/trail and went off on the path towards the bank or drop off. Soon enough, she was on it and had flushed it. I watched as it flew into a tree. WOW! That was kinda exciting.

After coming home, Jeremy and I made a list for me to go into town and do some errands. He called the auto place and asked if they had an alternator and they did so I picked that up. He's more or less decided that will be the last purchase for a part for the green jeep. We hoped this would get it running again. I also picked up some more lawn tools(sprinker/hose, etc) and a shop vac which I've been wanting for a long time. I eventually made it home and Jeremy cleaned out all the vehicles and the boat. I started in on vacuuming. I LOVE my new shopvac! I got the boat, the truck and most of the red jeep vacuumed before night was creeping in. Jeremy finished up work on the green jeep, meanwhile, and did get it started. It now has a new battery and a new alternator! He took it out for a spin and put air in the tires. It's running like new! ha ha We also got the tree that was JUST next to the deck moved(we had to look it up and realized it's a tamarack). It's now next to the clothes line by the rest of the tree line at the edge of our property. We then decided we'd go out on a date. So, just like old times, we we took the green jeep! I grabbed my cell phone just in case. We headed into town and ate at Boston's Pizza and finished just in time to hit the movie theater on the other side of the mall. We saw Iron Man 2. It was good, but not as good as the 1st one.
WOW - there's an empty spot next to the house! We're DID that green jeep go?!?!

Hayde in her new pool - not yet filled with water.


The newly transplanted tamarack.

This morning, I woke up earlier than I though(now I know why I'm sooooo tired!) and finally decided to hook up with running club. I did take Hayde with me and, knowing no one else wanted to go as long as I did, we ran from home to meet them (in the grocery store parking lot). It was nice and sunny, but not too warm yet. We did a loop we did last time, but extended it for just short of another hour. Two people took the shorter route back and Janice and I continued on to the cat walk where I used to run all the time before we moved. This way, we stopped for a few minutes and let Hayde swim in the "lake" along the Petawawa River. She loved this and got refreshed before we continued on to head back. Janice stopped just short of what I wanted to do, so Hayde and I did one extra loop around the neighborhood before returning home. Whew- Congrats to Hayde for making it 12.5 miles! The furthest she's gone!!!! I can not say how much I love having her with me on my runs and how she makes it so much more enjoyable and everyone's loved having her with us too. Upon our return, we found Jeremy outside working on the green jeep again - cleaning it out and fixing his audio. I immediately grabbed Hayde's new pool and filled it with water. She all the sudden got a new level of energy and had a blast splashing around in it and cooling off. See movie below.

Once I got cleaned up and ate, I headed out to the nursery. My goal for the weekend was to get some tomato and pepper plants. I picked up a good number and got them planted (in pots for now with the possibility of frost yet). Hayde stayed out with me, but got warm in the sun so I got her tent out that I had made while we were in Oregon/Madison for her to get some shade. I also soaked it with the hose. I also got some more weeding done in my garden, saw that more of our plants are coming up and got a few more raspberry bushes in. I'm also able to keep my grass seed watered now that I have a sprinkler, so hopefully we'll have more grass in the front yard. I must add that Jeremy got some of the yard mowed, but complained that it's more dirt or rather sand, than grass! So, yet again, we've had quite another accomplishment filled weekend. I am extremely tired and the house still needs to be picked up and cleaned, but the laundry is done and most of the dishes are cleaned. It's now time for bed so I can hopefully start the week kinda refreshed.
I almost forgot, but we saw a moose on Thursday! My first Canadian Moose! I was onsite that day and Jeremy was driving and Lee was with us. We were heading home on Plant Road, the 7Km road from the outer gate to the site, and were behind an endless number of cars and were slowing down for some reason (it can seem like a traffic jam when it gets really busy). Jeremy had the window open and all the sudden heard some crunching noises and looked over to the side of the road and there it was - in a marshy area right next to the road. Lee and I didn't see it at first, but once we moved ahead a little bit I was able to see it's head! I also heard from another co-worker that she saw a bear cub on her way to work the next morning. I guess it's time to watch out for the wildlife...

No comments: