
We had another busy weekend. I back up quick - Iplayed tennis again on Monday, but it turned really cool and windy so we cut it short a bit. Jeremy was gone to Toronto so we had someone else fill in for him. He did make his way home Wednesday evening and proceeded to go out for a drink and watch hockey with Lee. He then ended up coming down with the start to a cold so took Friday off to sleep. I continued my running and lifting.
Saturday, we got up fairly early (by 7:30am), I headed out for a quick run with Hadye while Jeremy made breakfast. We then hit a neighborhood garage sale looking for cheap lawn mower, but we disappointed there really wasn't much for sale. We proceeded to M&J's. They sell all sorts of miscellaneous building materials. They're out in the country a bit and we came away with some 4x4's for the garden and an estimate for a metal roof. The guy also suggested we go to Home Hardware for a shingles so we stopped there next and got an estimate on shingles etc as well as a metal roof. We then went into town by Home Depot to M&R Feeds. I thought they might have some fencing material. We ended up getting some construction fencing and some tall plastic posts for a temporary fence. We don't want anything big and with the rules and regulations that we've found out about, we just want something as a boundary, not necessarily to prevent dogs from escaping. We then went across the street to Home Depot and I picked up several bags of dirt ($0.99!) and we found a cherry tree that Jeremy' been dreaming about for some time. Then it was time to go home!
We started in on the garden and rearranged some of the flowers in front of the house. It started to rain on us and we continued to work for a bit until it just got a bit too wet. It didn't rain too long so we were able to go back out and continue. We got a lot done and I'm really happy with the way things are looking.



Today, we got outside and Jeremy was able to cut some of the lower branches off the dead tree in the back yard. It's really opened up the yard. I think Jeremy's got it planned with a guy from work to come next weekend to do the tree cutting. It'll be nice to get the dead one down finally. Thanks Bob for the cutter. It's come in very handy.


Marnie stopped by in the middle of the day for a few hours with her dogs. Her and Jason just invested in a second dog in the last week or two. They now have a 9 month old golden retriever, named Cooper! He's lighter than Hayde and just about her size and has a very gentle personality and he and Bean, her chocolate lab, get along great. All three of them did a great job together and we were able to sit in the back yard on the picnic table while they all ran around - unleashed - now that we got the fence up! It was great! Once Marnie left, I got ready for my run. I opted not to take Hayde with me. It's a very humid day today and warm so it made it feel pretty warm. She was also a bit tired from running around with Bean and Cooper. I went out for 7.5 miles, stopped back home for some gel, debated with Jeremy if I should take Hayde out for a bit, decided I'd come back for the last couple of miles with her. It was a tough run. My legs were stiff and a bit sore and I just felt really slow, but I pushed on. I came back and picked up Hayde for the last 1.5 miles. We were able to push it the last couple of blocks and I was glad to be done! I made it 13.1 miles! Just enough for the entire 1/2 marathon! Whew!


While I was out, Jeremy was cooking and made some califlower/broccli cheesey casarole. It's pretty tasty. We're now watching the hockey playoffs and I'm hoping to make it to bed relatively early as I'm pretty tired.


No comments:
Post a Comment