We had an exciting day today.... About 1:40-1:45pm this afternoon, things started shaking a bit. I thought it was the construction going on on the road outside of my building. They've done stuff before that has shaken our building, but only for a brief second or two. But, this time, it shook a little bit longer than that and more intense. It calmed down a bit, then started shaking again. By this time, we were all standing up looking at eachother asking eachother if things were moving and of course we all thought they were so we peeked out of our cubes to see what other people were doing. They were starting to head to the exit doors. By the time we figured all this out, it was done shaking and we were heading outside to our meeting place and we could only guess it was an earthquake. How strange!!!! I had experienced two earthquakes before when my sister and I were in Guatemala for a month, but I never thought to think I'd feel one here! Sure enough, someone at work was on the phone with someone in Ottawa at the time, and they too confirmed they had felt it. We all got on the internet and before long, it was confirmed - the epicenter was located ~45 Km northeast of Ottawa/Gatineau, Quebec and it was somewhere around 5.0-5.5 magnitude! I think they're now calling it a 5.0. What a day. Of course, I heard alarms were going off all over site in Chalk River and I'm sure there will be many after affects, but I don't believe there's any known damage in the area.
I also have to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYDE"!!!! She turned 4 today.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment