Sunday, June 6, 2010

Here are a few pictures from last week when we went out fishing on the Ottawa River. I can't remember which day/fish is which though. Below is the northern and the second one is the walleye that Jeremy got.

I can't remember what happened last week. I worked in the garden a bit, we may have gone fishing one night, I think we hit the gym on night and Chelsea came over one night for a short
easy run. Thursday night, Jeremy went out to fill the truck and boat with gas and ran into Tony, a guy he works with. Tony ended up coming over and hung out with us the rest of the night. So much for packing, but we had a good night talking.

Friday, we got home from work and had to pack up. We had made reservations at Lake Clear to go camping/fishing. We had gone there last summer but got rained out. It's about an hours drive towards Eaganville. We finally got there around 8:30 and got our site set up. The guy who checked us in said the fishing's the best around sundown until midnight so Jeremy decided maybe we better get out for a bit. We got on the water in the dark and headed out with Hayde. We got covered in mayflies on the way out. We got a few casts in and jigged for a bit, but the rain started to come down slowly so we figured maybe we better get back in. It was coming down by the time we loaded the boat so we headed back to camp and decided to go to bed.
It continued to rain into the morning and finally around 10 we decided maybe we should get up. I guess we were both pretty tired. Finally after a bit it stopped raining and the sun started to poke out of the clouds. We decided maybe we should eat lunch before headed out on the lake. We finally got out and realized it was windier on the lake so we boated around and checked out some of the islands hoping we'd be out of the wind, but we couldn't find any good windless spots. Finally with out any bits, we decided to start to head back. It also looked like it was going to rain again by this time.
We had quite the ride back jumping over the waves while it sprinkled and Jeremy tried to troll and drive. He did end up catching a nice big rock bass. After that, he realized it wasn't easy doing all this in these waves so we went straight back and pulled the boat out. We went back to start a fire and try to get a bit warm. It turned out to be a decent night and we sat around the fire for a while before heading to bed.
Poor Hayde must have eaten some cough drops and had a some diahrea overnight which I had to get up and let her out in the rain. It continued to rain into the morning so we decided to pack up and head home.
Of course by the time we got home, the sun started poking out. We got unpacked and started cleaning a bit then headed to the nursery. We picked up some plants to put infront of the house and behind the garden. I think we got just enough and have them all set out ready to be planted. Jeremy also picked up a few trellises to put up infront of the house. I hope to get them planted tonight, but have TONS of other stuff I need to do so we'll see. We still have more trellises and some fencing we'd like to get.
We're also trying to figure out plans to come back to WI (Sheboygan - to my parents) over the weekend of the 4th, although we want to make use of July 1 (Canada day) since we get that for a holiday and not the 4th. So much to do and not enough time. I'm hoping to start up my running again this week and get out every other day at least before I loose all my endurance. I'm hoping to find an early fall full marathon. Work-wise, the next couple months may be difficult as we're expecting many more layoffs as it seems they want to cut the workforce down by about 15% (about 400 people). No one's sure what that means, but we've endured two rounds of about 30-40 already. They may do it in one large group or in several small groups. I guess we'll see.

No comments: