Sunday, August 15, 2010

Privacy & Fishing

We got out fishing Saturday for a bit in the afternoon/evening. We started out trolling for northern. We both had several bits and were able to pull in a couple of fish. Jeremy got a nice one, below. We tried a few new spots towards the far side of the river across from the boat landing. There's many many islands here so there's lots to explore. Later, we came back to our "usual" walleye spot and I pulled in a nice walleye. Soon enough, Jeremy got one too, but it's was smaller than mine. We brought those home.

So, we have a slight issue - Jeremy is not happy with the "trimmed" cedars. We've lost all our privacy from our neighbors. He spent this morning pondering what we could do to try to rectify this problem. After I got done with my run (I'll explain later), we headed to the nursery to talk to someone there for help/ideas. I think we've got a plan now or at least some good ideas. I'm going to leave those for later postings/pictures. We're going to try as hard as we can to get this "little" project done in the next 10 days prior to Carol, Howard and Marilynne arriving. We've got LOTS to do...
We did get most of the trimming of branches done on our side this evening after Jeremy got back from hockey. I'll have to admit, some of it's not looking as bad as we feared.... All the following pictures are prior to trimming.
I managed to get my first of two 20 mile run in today, after a short downpour this morning. I lucked out and it didn't rain at all while I was out. My co-worker, Jodi, came along again on her bike with my gatorade. We did about 9 miles and stopped at her house to pick up her husband, Steve. He runs a bit and after she's been biking with me a few times has gotten more interested and decided to try coming with for a bit. So, the three of us headed on and did another big loop to finish up the last 10+ miles. For some reason, my gps skipped several miles and jumped somewhere around 14/15 miles to 19! Not sure what happened, but overall, it was a pretty good run. Thank you so much Jodi/Steve - it makes for an easier run with other people!

No comments: