Even with Monday off for our Civil Holiday, we had a fairly long week. We did get to the gym on Wednesday - finally after a 2+ month break. Jeremy got off fishing, well, kinda, on Thursday. He and Tony went up to Stonecliff to fish, but when they got there, there was a really black cloud so they waited it out. They finally got out and to the spot they wanted to, got their fishing poles ready, looked up and there was another black cloud. They raced back to the boat landing and loaded, but by that time, things looked like they were clearing again. So, they didn't really get any fishing in. Instead, they headed out in the truck to scope out a few other boat landings. I got off to running club Thursday for a hill workout. I haven't taken Hayde all week since we found her limping when we got home from work on Tuesday. She was also not acting like herself and vomited three times that night. We found her front paw cut open the entire way across one of her pads. Poor pup!
Also, Wednesday evening, I was taking the last bag of garbage out to the road and Kitty managed to pull open the door and escape! I was getting so annoyed with her lately, I was going to leave her out all night (it was 10:30 pm). Jeremy was nice enough and check to see if she was at the door before he went to bed and she was so he let her in. In the morning, I woke up and found a spot of blood that one of the cats vomited up over night. Of course, it's so hard to tell which one did this, but after I fed them, Kitty vomited up her breakfast. I was a bit concerned but couldn't do too much since I had to get to work. Thursday evening, I fed her again, and again she vomited up all she ate. Ummm.... I figured I'd give her one more shot and then I'd be worried as something must be wrong. Friday morning, she vomited again so I called the vet soon after I got to work. The only time they could see her was at 11:15 so I had to come back home and take her in. The vet there thought she felt something hard in her abdomen and figured we better take some x-rays and possibly some blood. They ended up having to sedate her since she can be rather agressive at times. The x-ray came back looking like there was something in her intestine. Finally after waiting for about 2 hrs, the blood work came back ok so we decided it'd be best to go in and check it out. We were really hesitant to do this, but as the vet said, they were going to be closed ALL weekend and have no vet on call either. I didn't want something to be lodged in her intestines all weekend without being able to do anything about it.
I headed back to work then expecting to have to pick her up on my way home and take care of her all weekend with an open wound. They usually keep the animals for a few days after surgery like this, but since no one would be in all weekend, I was going to have to do this. So, by the time 4:30 came around and I hadn't heard anything, I was about to call, when the phone rang. They said they closed at 5pm and I'd have to come get her ASAP. The vet had told me they were open until 6pm! I asked what they found and the tech was confused that I hadn't heard. They did NOT open her up, but called the regular vet in and they felt her abdomen again and thought it was not as hard as an object might be and they were able to break this thing up and move it ever so slightly so they opted not to open her. Whew! They sent me home with some easy to digest wet food, some laxative and some other medicine that I have to put in a sringe and get down her throat. So, far things have gone well. She did eat Friday night and I got he sringe stuff down fairly easy, but I think she's catching on now. Finally today, she got things to start moving out so I'm feeling much better and hopefully she is too. I've had to seclude her in the computer room so I could monitor how she's doing and what's going in and coming out.
In the meantime, we got out fishing yesterday up at Stonecliff. We had a bit of trouble launching the boat and managed to bend and loose the guide roller off the back of the trailer. The boat got caught on the trailer as Jeremy was pulling it out of the water to go park. The boat also banged into the dock pretty hard and got a small dent. We managed to scout out some new places. Jeremy also tried a new technique with a bottom bouncer. Unfortunately, we only caught 6 inch fish or smaller. This included three rock bass, a perch and a baby walleye (my catch!). We stayed long enough that I got tired out and stopped fishing for a bit. Even Hayde laid down in the boat and was nodding off to sleep. Eventually we did come in.
Today, I got up an started my run at 8am. My co-worker, Jodi, was nice enough to meet me and bike with my fluids. We got 5 miles in and made it to meet anyone showing up for running club. Janice then joined us and we headed out for about 11 miles. Once again, I'm thankful for a decent run. My legs are starting to feel a bit tired and I think I've strained my right hamstring slightly, but over all, I've been lucky not to have any disasterous feeling/exhausting long runs.
We then had a somewhat lazy afternoon and sat on the couch listening to an audio book. Later, I went outside and started digging up some of the extra grass/weeds around the berry bushes until the rain started coming down a bit harder. I also finally was able to make dinner while Jeremy was at hockey! At least I'll have lunches for this week. Jeremy's off to Toronto tomorrow evening for more training. He should be returning Thursday evening so it'll be just me most of the week. (Maybe I can finish cleaning it up a bit!). Well, it's 9:30 and I'm a bit tired (we even went to bed and were asleep by 9pm on Friday!!!! Man, we must be getting old!) so I'm going to wrap this up and get to bed - up early to run. I'll try to post a picture or two from Saturday's journey later this week.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment