Monday, August 2, 2010

A Three Day Weekend, AH!!!!!!!

Somehow last week flew by again. I'm not sure what we did, but Jeremy had hockey on Tuesday night and I did a quick 6 miler with Hayde on Wednesday and made it to running club on Thursday for a hill workout. I just remember we did make it out fishing on Thursday after I got home from running club. We had to stop and get worms and then Jeremy realized he didn't have his fishing license so we had to stop back home before heading out. With all this, we only had about a 1/2 hour to an hour to fish. We went to our usual spot across from the boat landing. It's getting harder and hard to load and unload since the water is SO low! We had a very successful short night. We had three bites and pulled in three nice walleyes! They were all about 15-16 inches. I caught the top two (bigger ones!) and then Jeremy caught the last one before we headed back in.

Friday after work, we headed into town. We made several quick stops before going to Home Depot. We wanted to pick up some gutter pieces for the back door area and order our 3 bundles of shingles to finish the roof. The computers crashed so we weren't able to put the shingle order in and when we got home, Jeremy realized he wanted a different gutter piece.

Saturday, we got up (yes we got to sleep in...until about 8!), and went outside to start working on yard stuff. I finally got back into the garden and managed to get some much needed weeding done! I also got everything watered nicely and got my two roses in the ground. We finally got things ready to head up to Stonecliff to go fishing. We got there, filled the boat up with gas and headed to the boat landing. We were starting to get the boat ready to launch and Jeremy said he wondered what he did with the boat keys. Yup - we had to turn around and head home. But, on the way we came across a pretty bad accident involving at least 3 vehicles. We saw at least one motorcycle which Jeremy had remembered we had pasted going the other way. There were two he remember pulling the little tote trailers and he remember a vehicle tailgating them. We managed to get around them(usually on Hwy 17, there are no other roads to take so if there is an accident, you just have to sit and wait until it's cleared up) and head back home. We did find the keys at home and then headed to the boat landing here. We ended up cruising and doing a bit of scouting up the river. We made it up almost to the plant before we turned around and headed home by darkfall. .

Sunday, we got up and I headed off for my run, met up with Janice from running club, and managed to get a 13 mile run in. It wasn't as hot as it's been, but it was still warm. Afterward, we both were outside working on things for a while. Jeremy finally got the grass cut! We then decided maybe we should head back to Home Depot to pick up the other gutter piece and get our shingles ordered. Later in the evening, we headed back to the river and got a little bit of fishing in. We went all the way back up river a bit before the plant. We saw fish on the depth finder and the two other boats there caught some fish, but we didn't have any luck.

Today, Monday - Civic Holiday, we got up had a great breakfast. I had picked some ripe veggies from the garden that we used. We then headed back outside to do some more yard/house work. Jeremy got the gutters up on the back entry way. He just has to add the down spout and I think it'll be a big improvement. It's rained this afternoon so we could see how well it's working. We then made it back out on the river for some more fishing. We decided to try northern fishing today. We got some lures out and trolled dragging the water parachutes behind the boat to slow us down a bit more. We headed to some new spots on the river. We had lots of bites, but weren't able to hook anything for a while. We also got poured on. Poor Hayde likes to bury herself under the boat console and our legs. I covered her with the life jackets as well. It didn't rain too long so we stayed out and continued trolling, slowly making our way back. When we were nearing the boat landing, Jeremy was able to pull in a small northern. I don't think this one will make it as it was bleeding pretty badly. :( Just minutes later, I pulled in a nice one. This one put up a good fight. Of couse Hayde was all excited and wanted to lick everything. It again, started raining again so I was glad to finally got off the water and out of my wet clothes. We did have our rain gear with, but I'm affraid I'm going to have to invest in a new rain coat.

It's so nice to have an extra day. I was able to get the house clean!!!! Not just picked up, but I got the floors vacuumed, swept and mopped! It's sparkling now. We're trying to keep the kitchen clean too. We found a rolling cart we bought for the kitchen. Jeremy's decided to take out the pull out counter he made to replace the dish washer and put this cart in it's place. I think it's going to be very handy. Hopefully he'll have a chance to redo this soon. Jeremy's now making some venison jerky to take out fishing for a snack. I might even get all the laundry put away and make it to bed early or on time this week. I'm hoping to start getting back to our normalized schedule soon and start eating and sleeping better. On to a shorter week...

No comments: