Sunday, June 24, 2012

Our Yard Finally Looking Like a Yard!

I'm just going to post pictures mostly.  I did manage 25.8 miles today(41.5km)!  It went really well, other than sore feet, but I'm used to that.  This is my last long run this time around and I'm really proud of how well my training's been going.  I've been eating a lot better, taking my vitamins, strengthening and really enjoying it.  I think I'm in the best shape I've ever been in and I feel so good!  I hope my race goes as well, but I know I'm as ready as I can be.
I can't forget about our fishing outings.  We headed out Friday up by the plant and did some bobber fishing.  We didn't get much, but my bobber did go under for a while and as I let line out, the fish swam away with my minnow.  It was really exciting.  However, come time to set the hook, I didn't do very well.  I had my line mostly tight, then yanked, but I yanked it right out of the fishes mouth.  When I got my minnow back to the boat, we noticed the insides had been sucked out and there were definitely bit marks.  We went out Saturday as well to a bay before the plant and again, my bobber went under.  But, by the time I was about to tighten the line, my bobber popped back up.  Again, my minow had good bit marks, but was still alive.  Oh well!  It was exciting!  Here's the aquarium.  For some reason, the water is really cloudy.  I got a small sauger with really neat marks and Jeremy wanted to keep it so we brought it home for a night.  It was neat watching him in the aquarium.  We took him back the next day.
We picked up a new blade for the lawn mower and WOW!  Grass looks great!  Jeremy mowed it this week - twice this weekend because it was so long it needed two passes.  We also picked up some stones to do another small job in the corner behind the deck by the air condition and oil tank.  Jeremy also put a few slabs in at the bottom of the deck stairs for a small landing.  I have yet to seed the last spot, but I'm going to wait until we can pick up a small truck load of dirt to do behind the deck.  We actually got to enjoy a small bit of time sitting outside yesterday so that was nice....then we started in on more work.  Enjoy the pictures - I wish everyone could see this in person because it's coming along SO nicely!  I'll have to post some pictures of what it looked like when we moved in so you can see the difference.  I'll wait until we "finish".
Unfortunately, the cherry tree is on it's last leg and only one limb is alive - looking at replacing it
New landing.  Notice all the dirt that I hope to fill in soon.
I found 4 caterpillars eating the planter on the left!  I hope I got rid of all of them!

No comments: