Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Canada Day / 4th of July

We had a nice 3-day weekend and worked an fished and found a few minutes to sit down.  I don't have any pictures and need to make this quick as it's getting late and once again I find myself super tired and needing to get to sleep.  I have to say, I've rounded the top of my training!  It feels so good to be on the down slope and tapering.  I only did 2 hrs (~13 miles) on Sunday!  Two more weeks before my race.  My poison ivy rash has finally healed.  It just have one little piece of scab to come off yet and I have my skin back!!!!  It's so exciting!  It's all discolored, but hopefully it'll go away.  Thankfully, I managed to keep it small and to my wrist.  I kept dousing it with bleach to dry it out and it worked!  It burned, but I won't complain.

Friday, we got out fishing, but all our minnows died on the transport to the river so we ended up having to use leeches and jig.  Jeremy got 3 nice walleye we brought home.  Saturday, we ended up working on the yard in the morning.  We dug out all the grass and weeds around the air conditioner behind the deck and got mulch down and the rest of the bricks laid.  What an improvement.  We're debating on adding any plants or not.....to be determined at a later date.  In the afternoon, we headed out and tried to fish for minnows.  We first headed out barron canyon road to try a stream or two back there, but the water was super low.  Next, we headed over to a spot along the Petawawa River and caught some small bass.  Not quite what we were looking for.  Next, we went up to Chalk River and tried that.  Again, we caught lots of small fish(perch, bass, pumpkinseed).  Not what we were looking for.  Sunday, we ended up going back up to Bissett Creek and fished for minnows up there.  We had some luck, not quite as much as last time, but we did bring home 5-10 decent minnows.  Our aquarium is fully stocked again.  Jeremy did catch one really big one so he was excited to use that one.  We finally got around to some sanding Sunday evening.  Monday, we got out fishing on the river with some of our new minnows.  It was a hot one!  We found a new bay tucked way back and Jeremy had a few bites.  He missed the first one and his minnow didn't last, but he kept it on his hook anyway.  A bit later, his bobber went under and it looked like a fish took it.  He swam and swam - about 150 feet.  He finally stopped and Jeremy tried to set the hook, but no luck.  When he got his hook back up, only the minnow head was left.  We got more sanding down Monday. 

Today, Jeremy got a bit more sanding done while I had to run into town for an appointment and some errands.  Hopefully, in the next day we can finish up the sanding of the remaning doors and possibly get it stained.  Then, we'll just have the frames to do inside.  We're hoping in another two weeks, we may be done or near done!!!  I'm going to wait to post pictures until then.  I can't give anymore away....  He got the drawer faces back on below the sink and it's looking really nice!  I can't wait to be done!  Oh and I got the rest of the bits in the yard seeded.  Hopefully it'll take with all this super hot, dry weather....we did get some rain today at least. 

No comments: