Here's the aquarium freshly filled with new fishing minnows.
We went out one Saturday and there were power boat races. These are quite some speed boats!
Fishing pictures from several excursions.
This guy pooped leaving quite the mess while I was holding him for the picture. Of course, I stepped in it then Hayde preceeded to roll in it! She takes full advantage of every opportunity!
Jeremy was pulling in a nice sized walleye. Got it near the boat, in plain sight and a northern had gotten it, took it back down and ran with it a ways. Jeremy tried setting the hook, only to have his line cut. We forgot the spinners we had on had the flimsy line. It was quite exciting anyway! Here's him fighting the northern. The northern had the walley in his mouth sideways.
Here's the northern on the depth finder. See the line at the bottom, just above the ground?
Also, another exciting catch! Here's a "bait" minnow that Jeremy's been dreaming of having to fish for monster northern. He caught it in the river! The minnows we have in the aquarium don't come close to this bait fish. It didn't last, but he tried fishing with it anyway - no luck.
Beach fun with the 3 dogs. We've got them for 16 days....11 down, 5 to go. There was a forest fire on the island by the light house just out from the Petawawa Marina. They got it under control and put out before it did tooo much damage. There is another fire in the CFB Petawawa military base by the edge of Algonquin Park. They've evacuated campers on the east side of the park, but it's now under control at least. It's been so hot and dry all summer and what little rain we have gotten doesn't add up to anything.
The following are the rest of the pictures of our cabinet job. I decided to post these now. We still have the window piece(and a few bits of trim) to finish hopefully sooner than later, but I wanted to share at this point. We're SO close and it's finally starting to look like a kitchen again! We're really pleased with the outcome so far - as we should be with all the work that's gone into this. We got the window piece down Saturday and got the paint touched up and Jeremy got the doors back up last week Wednesday. We spent a few hours Sunday striping the window piece and got most of it sanded with the 1st grit of sand paper. Still several more hours to go, but the end is definitely in sight!
Whew! This post took me two days to do! And, it's not even 10pm and I'm finishing it up! My two weeks "off" aren't really off. I've been getting up at 5am to get the dogs out and I've had to skip working out, but I've gotten 20 minutes of running in each day. These dogs are big and so out of shape I've had to "drag" them along with me on my runs. I'm hoping I'm feeling up to it to get back into more running after this coming weekend, but we'll see. The poor cats have been locked in the bathroom. I think Cooper really scared Kitty the last time we had them and she won't even venture out. They only get to come out at night to use the litter box. We keep hoping things will slow down so we can relax and enjoy the summer without so many chores and projects, but somehow that's not really happening. Time to let the dogs out one more time, then to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment