Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Baby Jack Came Home

Yesterday Jack finally got to come home. I guess it was a bumpy ride for my sister and her sore belly, but they made it. They also were able to make it up the long steep driveway since we had gotten over a foot of snow overnight. It made for a long slow ride back from the hospital for my parents and I Monday night on the curvy roads up into the hills to my sister's house. We went out in the morning to shovel off the steps to the house and I shoveled two tire paths so my dad could try to get the van down the driveway. It was successful so we continued shoveling out the driveway so my sister and Bob could get up to the new garage with Jack.

Upon entering the house, Cherise (dog) and Ruben (cat) had to introduce themsleves to little Jack. Cherise did a good job and was interested in him. She tends to bark a bit when Jack starts crying, but has been really good. It took Ruben longer to notice the new arrival, but eventually was really interested in smelling him and kept peering at him.

Pretty quicky, we had to fall into place as assistants to my sister since she was still on a tight schedule and is still moving slow with her incision. We were glad we had gotten some things out and put together for him earlier. The still have no nursery set up and are in the process of moving their bedroom to make room for the nursery and with his early arrival, there was a lot that needed to be done for him to come home. I think everyone's finally getting accustomed to things and we're starting to get an order to the chaos, but it's been a rough and frustrating week.

It sounds like Jeremy's got things under control at home in Petawawa and I hear they've gotten a LOT more snow in the last day or so. I'm thinking I brought the snow to Denver.

No comments: