Other than getting almost 36 hours of work in last week, we tried to get out fishing a bit. Jeremy had Monday off with the Civic Holiday and went out exploring Lake Clear. Of course, I had to work so I didn't get to go with. He caught at least one nice walleye, however, this lake has a keep limit of 20 inches on walleye so he didn't bring any home. We managed to get to the gym twice last week. It's very hard when I have to work all day and I only managed to get out running once. I'm hoping this week will be much better.
We are now getting ready for our next visitors!! Jeremy's mom is flying in from Florida Sunday evening and his aunt and uncle are driving there mobile home up from Madison on Saturday. His mom is planning on staying for two weeks and Howard and Marilynne should be here for 9-10 days. We've been trying to scout out these fishing areas so we can take them out.
We met with the mortgage broker again just to review everything and see what other paper work needed to be done. We should be good other than a signature and one more document. Jeremy looked up the MLS # online and it's no longer for sale. Whew! The more I think about it the more I
think this house will suit us. The garage is HUGE and it'll work well for all Jeremy's tools and other gear. He's thinking the tree outside the shed door in the backyard will have to go as this will be a perfect spot to store the boat in the winter where it's out of the way but covered. I'm thinking about what I can do with some small landscaping ideas.
We did get back to Lake Clear Thursday
evening after we both got home from work. It's about an hour drive and just as we were putting the boat in, we noticed some dark clouds coming our way, straight across the lake. It look like just a good cloud of rain so we went out and started fishing. We each ended up with a nice size, 17-18" walleye. Before long, we noticed another storm coming at us, but from the opposite direction. After a bit we realized it was coming towards us and we weren't
going to be able to escapre this one like we did the first one. So, we packed up and headed in just as it started sprinkling. By the time we got to the landing it was raining so we scurried and got to boat out and by the time we got in the truck, it was pouring! So much for a nice night of fishing! We did get out for about an hour though and we did both catch a nice fish.
Friday night after we both worked, we went out on the river again. I think we both caught a walley, Jeremy kept his, and mine was pretty small. It did get off just as I was pulling into the boat. Jeremy also caught a little rock bass. We're still frustrated with the river and not having much luck. I had to work Saturday morning so Jeremy putzed around at home for a while. Later on, we went out with Lee, Kharren, Alex and Khartem to an asian restaurant in downtown Pembroke for Kharren's birthday. It was really good. They serve, Thai, Chinese and Vietnamese. Later we went to their house for some cake I had made her.
Sunday morning we got up somewhat early and hit the road towards
Barry's Bay to fish Kamaniskeg Lake. It's a long lake and took us about a half hour to get to the other end. We found the river opening and fishing up the river. I caught one perch and Jeremy got a few more along with a rock bass and a couple of small mouths. We then headed back into the lake and fished along some islands, but didn't have much luck. Before long, we started hearing thunder. The clouds didn't look like big storm clouds, but did look like it could easily rain. It was pretty cool out. I had several layers on and
my gloves. In the end, the rain did approach and we decided to pack up as a down pour was quickly creaping up. We got soaked!!! Poor Hayde hide under our legs with her head under the steering console the whole way back. Thankfully I brought my rain gear and managed to stay mostly dry. Jeremy was completely wet, but we made it back (no thunder/lightning) and got the boat loaded. By this time, the rain had subsided to sprinkles, but we decided to head back. Next time, we'll have to try the top part of the lake where it looks like there are more weeds.
We are now getting ready for our next visitors!! Jeremy's mom is flying in from Florida Sunday evening and his aunt and uncle are driving there mobile home up from Madison on Saturday. His mom is planning on staying for two weeks and Howard and Marilynne should be here for 9-10 days. We've been trying to scout out these fishing areas so we can take them out.
I did finally pick a few ripe tomatos! I've also have been picking pea pods and some green beans that are ready. I've got 4 nice zucchini coming along and a couple cucumbers and of course all my peppers. We did have a wind storm one night and a bunch of my plants fell off the picnic table. My habanero suffered greatly and lost one of it's big steams. I'm very sad, but everything else seemed to be okay with some minor damage. I have another 30 hour week of work this week, but I guess it'll be a nice paycheck when I do get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment