It could be worse...
To back up, I had to work all day
Saturday and Lee and Kharren were out of town so Jeremy was all by himself. He realized he was bored without anyone to do anything with. So, he made vegetarian lasagna, the same recipe I made a few weeks ago when the oven heating filament caught on fire and I couldn't cook it. We cooked this on Monday night. Sunday, we took the boat up to Stonecliff, which is about 20 minutes west of Deep River. We wanted to do some exploring and fish if we had time, but we needed to get back home and clean the house a bit before Jeremy had to drive to Ottawa to pick up his
mom so we didn't get any fishing in. We boated up a few rivers a little ways along the Quebec side where we were told there's some great walleye fishing. Next year, we'll have to invest in a Quebec fishing license.
Later, soon after Jeremy left to pick up his mom, I headed off to softball. We got our butts kicked, BUT, I did hit the ball twice and the second time I made it to 1st base, then the next hitter had a walk, so
I made it thru second and on to third. The next batter hit a good ball so I made it all the way home! I told Jeremy later and he didn't believe me so he had to confirm it with Penny at work the next day, but it was confirmed! They got back as I was getting ready for bed and we ended up staying up and talking until 11:30/midnight.
Tuesday, I had to work in the morning and in the afternoon, we drove up to the Canex retail store up on base to look for Petawawa T-shirts and drove past the three houses we had looked at and drove by our new house so they could all see them. They had driven around town a bit in the morning and found the house on their own. We then came back before Jeremy got home from work so we could head out to the KO Lodge for dinner which is just west of De
ep River in the woods. We all had a good meal and stuffed ourselves. We did make a quick stop in Deep River to show them downtown and the river.
Today, I worked in the morning again and Carol, Howard and Marilynne took my park pass and went into Algonquin Provincial Park. They did the Barron Canyon hike and stopped at Achray
Campgrounds for lunch, watched a woman and girl tip their canoe over in the lake and try to upright it without luck and watched as the park rangers helped them out. They got home just before I did from my afternoon mishap.
I finished work, mostly on-time, and headed out to the red jeep, got in and tried to start it. Yup - it didn't start. I looked down and realized I had left the lights on so I figured a quick fix if I can find someone to jump me. I was contemplating how I was going to find someone, figured someone might be in the lunch room and got out just as my co-worker from seasonal pulled in. I stopped him and it turned out he had jumper cables, so we hooked them up and tried to jump it. No luck! Maybe the connection was bad so we tried again and again. Still no luck. Before long, another co-worker pulled up and he stopped. We tried again and again and no luck so the first guy went in because someone needed to work. The other guy and I stayed out for a while longer and tried several more times. He tried pounding on the starter hoping he could get the solenoid to work, but nothing. We couldn't even get the clicking noise. So, I was in for a long afternoon. I couldn't get a hold of anyone! Thankfully, the mall is just next door down the road, so I went back in to the lunch room, finally got a hold of Jeremy and figured I'd have to wait until 4pm, I was done at noon, to catch a ride from the second guy that helped me since he was done at 4pm. I walked over to the mall, found something for lunch and walked around the mall. I did run into two other people I knew from work and somehow a few hours passed by. I walked back to work and ran into someone else that was leaving and lives just down the street from me. She was nice enough to drop me off.
So, tonight, Jeremy took Carol, Howard and Marilynne out to Black Bay for a boat tour while I stayed at home, wrote my blog and did a quick walk to Kharren and Lee's. They even let Hayde inside! Now, we're sitting around having a glass of our homemade wine and some popcorn. So, it's time for me to wrap up and enjoy a few minutes sitting down.
No comments:
Post a Comment