Sunday, November 30, 2008

License

Friday afternoon, Jeremy came home early and we headed into Pembroke for the third or fourth time to try to get his Jeep registered. I spent the morning making phone calls and gathering information to get his car insurance switched to an Ontario provider. I had spend a day the other week calling around getting quotes and we finally were able to pick a "cheaper" place. I had gotten all our information to the person we were dealing with and we had to run into town to get the paper work signed and set up the billing. In the end, it only took us a few minutes at the office to get everything wrapped up and I am in need of getting my WI driver's report (listing any tickets, etc) which I'll have to do on Monday as they were closed Thursday and Friday. We ran over to the licensing place, but didn't think we had grabbed one document we needed so we checked the hours(yes, they're actually open on Sat!) and decided to come back Saturday morning. Turns out, we did have everything we needed Friday. We went back first thing Saturday and finally got his Ontario license plates! His safety check was about to expire today (Sunday) so we managed just in time!

We went out hunting again yesterday, but didn't have any luck. We tried a different place along Barron Canyon Rd, but the trees were too thick, so we stayed along a small road. We took our snowshoes with this time since we've got a good foot of snow on the ground and no one had broken trail yet. Hayde was up past her knees in the snow so I'm sure she got a much better workout than we did! I'm a bit worried about her since her pads on her feet are cracking. She's not showing discomfort, but it can't be good. They've been bleeding a couple times after she's been outside playing.

Last night Lee and Kharren came over to hang out and watch "Hockey Night in Canada" with us. It's nice having other people to hang out with. I ended up spending a lot of time during the week with Kharren since she didn't have to work as much. We went shopping Tuesday and it's nice not having to go in and get what you need and get out. That's as much as Jeremy can stand and after an hour he's had it, even if we haven't made all our stops. We went to Fabricland because Kharren wanted me to help her with a sewing project so we found some fabric and I needed to pick something up too. I love this place. They have so much fabric and they have more reflective stuff than I've ever seen anywhere else!!! They've got red, blue, black, orange and white reflective ribbon along with black reflective elastic and they've got grey, yellow, orange and blue iron-on strips along with blue and pink reflective iron-on ribbon that comes in 4 sizes! I can't get enough of this stuff!!! We worked on her project the next afternoon. We also made more pretzels one afternoon and Friday, we took her son, Alexander to a sledding hill on base for an hour.

Now, I need to wrap up if I'm going to try to wake Jeremy up from his nap to take me skating again and then to work out. We missed our workout yesterday. Oh, one more thing... Jeremy got drafted to join a Sunday hockey league in Deep River starting today. Looks like his team is in last place so I told him he better kick this team into gear...(he's now in three leagues - Wednesday night {Petawawa}, Friday night {Deep River} and Sunday {Deep River}). Did I mention it keeps snowing everyday yet! We've gotten at least a dusting everyday for the last week and it doesn't look like it's going to stop for another week!

No comments: