Even though he'd be so quiet and distant from the main activities of the house, there's still a big hole where he usually is. I don't remember the exact date, but I picked him up from the St. Paul humane society 9 years ago this April. He'd be turning 11 years old in August. He's been with me through so many things and has moved with me from St. Paul(MN), to Middleton(WI), to Madison(WI), to Orgeon(WI), to Fitchburg(WI), to New Richmond(WI) and then to Petawawa(ON). He'd been such a great traveler and didn't fuss each time we packed up or had to drive. He even came up to the cabin with us one Thanksgiving. Of course, my parents will miss him since I'd have him with me every time I went back home to Sheboygan. My mom loved the fact that he'd crawl in the small corners of the house and go thru all the cobwebs and come out with them all over his face. I loved the way he'd snuggle and rub his head on my chin when I picked him up, that he sat so prim and proper with his little white feet just so, and his brown streak just off center above his nose or his two white spots under his chin. He loved playing with the rugs and looked like a rabbit kicking and bunching up the rug or the carpet on the stairs. He was such an easy going, take things in stride, no problem cat. Even when we got such a rambunctious, 6 week old Hayde, he finally learned, after about 6 months, that she really was ok. He even put up with a big attitude, take-control Kitty when she walked in our door. I couldn't have asked for such a wonderful cat and I will miss him greatly.
BYE STEWART
I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU.
No comments:
Post a Comment