Thursday, January 29, 2009

More Snow and Documents

We got hit once again with probably another 7-9 inches of snow yesterday. It snowed from early morning to late evening. I just went out this morning to finish up the driveway and get the stuff from the plow cleared away and now as I've started typing this, it's begun to snow AGAIN, but this time, huge flakes. It's quite pretty. I'm going to try attaching some more pictures. I was amazed as I was doing the end of the driveway how tall our snow banks are getting at the ege of the roads. They're as tall as me in many places. I keep wondering how the rest of the winter is going to play out and am hoping it'll settle down and we'll get a nice spring so I can get my runs in ok. I just heard that my parents have registered for the 5K Ottawa race the day before my marathon. I'm excited that they're going to make the trip again and can be here to watch me run and that they'll get to participate in some of the activities as well. My mom's not sure about doing 5K, but my dad and I think she'll be just fine. She doesn't usually like to go that far, but she's done it before and we're confident she can do it again. I might jump in with them for a short time. I like to do about 15 min the day before a marathon.

As I was out shoveling, the mail lady stopped by with the mail. We've gotten to talking a little as I'm sometimes outside playing with Hayde when she comes by and she's alway happy to see Hayde and vise versa. Anyway, she delivered the last document we've been waiting for in order to get our permanent resident application in the mail. It feels like this has been a huge long frustrating process getting ourselves settled here and I really hope, we've done our homework and have managed to follow all the correct rules and instructions, etc so this final thing can be processed and we can officially call Ontario our home and call ourselves residents. So, I have to make this short so I can go thru all our stuff and get it ready to be mailed tomorrow if possible.
For some reason, I'm not able to move the pictures around to place them where I want, so I'm only adding the one photo.

No comments: