Friday, April 3, 2009

Busy and Busier!!!

Wow! What a change......
Well, I've been putting in full days at my new job since March 24th when Ashley and I went down to Trenton for training and it's taking a toll on EVERYTHING! But, I should be getting my first pay by tomorrow in my new bank account that I just got set up yesterday - just in time....

I'd have to say at first I was really unsure about this job. It didn't start very well and we were a little scared upon seeing the main office building in Trenton with grafiti all over and a broken window and inside was only a little bit better. However, after spending an entire week in the office here in Petawawa and actually starting to work with clients, it's gotten better. Overall, it's going to be slow as we may only get 2-3 clients a day or up to maybe 30 on military pay days. But, I have become more comfortable with the paper work. BUT, it's unfortunate that as of March 31, I most likely am getting minimum wage. It's rather depressing... I guess on the brighter side, after a week of work, I should be getting a $0.30 raise. It'd due to the $0.75 increased minimum wage that just went into affect on the 31st. And, I guess I'm getting out of the house and actually can bring in a few (and I mean only a few) $'s to our income. I'm scheduled for another full week next week too. I'm still trying to find time to keep looking for jobs (almost any job) yet and we're hoping AECL will start posting some, but I haven't seen any as of today. They did end up laying off ~40 people yesterday of which maybe 20 are from Chalk River. I did get a call back from Home Depot for a part time job and I need to call them back to confirm an interview for Wed morning. Not sure that a job there would be any better though, but it's worth a shot to see.

In the mean time, Jeremy's truck is still heading towards it's grave. The back door will no longer ever latch and for the meantime, it's being kept mostly closed by the broken back windshield wiper that Jeremy jammed in the bumper. Hopefully all the bumps won't break the wiper or we'll be stuck with no way to keep the back door down. However, I've been driving it a little in the last two weeks and am feeling much more comfortable with it (minus the fact it may finally die on me). He ended up having to open it up last weekend when he realized he needed more wood for his speakers and the wood was too big to fit thru the front doors.

We did manage to help Lee and Kharren get moved last Saturday into their new house. I did get my 17 mile run done Sunday in a down pour. We've moved on with our wine and hopefully this weekend we can get it bottled. Our house is a complete mess and I'm too tired tonight to work on cleaning so I'm going to go over to Lee and Kharren's. They've been coming over this week in the evenings. I'm also finding it hard to get my runs in during the week with having to work until 5:30 most nights. I get done running between 6:30 and 7:30, then we've headed off to the gym for an hour and a half. Poor Hayde hasn't gotten much attention with me being gone all day (I do get home for about 10 min to stuff my mouth with lunch and let her out), but she's been running with me at least and I've been getting up with Jeremy now so I can take her for a ~20 min walk in the mornings. Our snow is melting!! We hit about 60F yesterday and it's been above freezing sometimes overnight so that's a nice sign that springs coming. I managed to grab a few pictures the other day so you can see that our yards are reappearing. Jeremy should be in Toronto by now for a AECL/energy company hockey tournament or something like that. He's playing two games tonight and two tomorrow morning with a potential for another in the afternoon if they're winning. In a nutshell, I think that's about all that's happened recently. Must get some dinner in me and head over to Kharrens.... Maybe I can get another quick post in at the end of the weekend - slightly shorter run Sunday.
Road to path - 4/1

Running path by Pet River that's overflowing it's banks - 4/1

Our street - 4/1

Our house - 4/1 Back yard - 4/2

No comments: