Monday, April 6, 2009

It's Back to Winter

AGH!!!! And we thought spring was on it's way! Little did we know. I'm going to try to make this quick as it's almost 9pm and I have yet to eat dinner, shower and finish my glass of wine....

So, weekend went fairly well. Jeremy ended up winning the hockey tournament championship with his team. They played 5 games, won 3 of the five and tied two games. They won the championship in a shoot-out. He's still paying for it.... and the two of us are in a state of soreness. My run on Sunday went pretty well. Somehow, I've been getting slightly dehydrated on these longer runs so I need to watch my fluid intake. Jeremy ended up meeting me twice on my second 7-mile loop. Hayde of course came with on my first loop. Weather was better, but still a bit cool and windy. Kharren and I hit the gym Saturday for a workout and I spent most of the rest of Saturday cleaning. Whew. I finally found the kitchen counter!

Back at work today for another full week - minus Friday (Good Friday - we both have off), but I think the plan is to leave me work Saturday by myself for the first time. Only 4 hours though and my manager will be working as is the other person training. Turns out they just let Ashley go today since she was accepted into schoool. I'm off to Pembroke for the rest of the week to work. It's a little busier there so they want me to get more comfortable with more clients. Also, soon after getting to work this morning, the snow started and basically hasn't stopped! We probably have a new 4 inches on the ground or so and it's looking like it's not going to stop for a bit. I was so hopeful winter was over.... hopefully it won't last more than the end of the week as I hope it'll warm back up.

Jeremy just got the wine bottled tonight when Kharren and I were at the gym. I'm drinking it now as I type and I really think there's alcohol in this batch! Finally! It's our kit batch. He also got a corker (on loan for a day) from the wine place to cork the bottles. I'd have to say I think this batch really turned out well. Takes just like wine and after drinking a bit after my workout and not having dinner yet, I'm thinking I'm feeling it's effects a little.

I'll post a few pictures of the snowfall by evening when I was out on my run. Remember it's been snowing non-stop since so there's plenty more already. The petawawa river is completely overflowing it's banks and has plenty of rapids.



No comments: